Tesmann History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Tesmann family
The surname Tesmann was first found in Germany, where the name Tasman came from humble beginnings but gained a significant reputation for its contribution to the emerging mediaeval society. It later became more prominent as numerous branches of the same house acquired distant estates, some of which were located in other countries. Through the acquisition of these estates as well as their important contributions to society, the family successfully elevated their social status.
Early History of the Tesmann family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Tesmann research. Another 115 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1790, 1804, 1869, 1603, 1659, 1642, 1588 and 1653 are included under the topic Early Tesmann History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Tesmann Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Tasman, Taalman, Taasman, Tesman, Tesmar, Tessmansdorff, Thermann, Thomann, Thosman, Tosman, Thasman, Thasmann, Tiesmann, Teursmann and many more.
Early Notables of the Tesmann family (pre 1700)
Another 50 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Tesmann Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Tesmann migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Tesmann Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Cath Tesmann, aged 23, who arrived in New York, NY in 1875 
- Day Tesmann, aged 20, who landed in New York, NY in 1875 
- Hel Tesmann, aged 11, who landed in New York, NY in 1875 
- Maria Tesmann, aged 53, who arrived in New York, NY in 1875 
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)