on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Swedish Svensson family come from? What is the Swedish Svensson family crest and coat of arms? When did the Svensson family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Svensson family history?
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Svensson Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Gunner Svensson, who arrived in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1627
- Jacob Svensson, who landed in Delaware in 1643
- Johan Svensson, who landed in Delaware in 1693
- Gunnar Svensson, who arrived in Delaware in 1693
Svensson Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Svante Magnus Svensson, who landed in New York in 1836
- Johan Magnus Svensson, who arrived in New York in 1843
- Svante Johan Svensson, aged 19, arrived in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1846
- Sven Peter Svensson, aged 25, arrived in Boston, Massachusetts in 1848
- Magnus Svensson, aged 23, arrived in Boston, Massachusetts in 1848
Svensson Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Gottfried Svensson, who landed in Alabama in 1916
- Lars E. O. Svensson (b. 1947), Swedish economist
- Alf Robert Olaf Svensson (b. 1938), Swedish politician elected to the European Parliament in 2009
- Esbjörn Svensson (1964-2008), Swedish jazz pianist
- Lars Svensson (b. 1941), Swedish ornithologist
- Mr. Johan Svensson (d. 1912), aged 74, Swedish Third Class passenger from Reftele, Småland who sailed aboard the RMS Titanic and died in the sinking
- Mr. Johan Cervin Svensson, aged 14, Swedish Third Class passenger from KnaredKnäred, Halland who sailed aboard the RMS Titanic and survived in the sinking in life boat 13
- Mr. Olof Svensson (d. 1912), aged 24, Swedish Third Class passenger from BjorkebergaBjörkeberga, Skåne who sailed aboard the RMS Titanic and died in the sinking
- Major-General Antero Johannes Svensson (1892-1946), Finnish Commanding Officer, Light Brigade (1944-1946)
- Hanks, Hodges, Mills and Room. The Oxford Names Companion. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2002. Print. (ISBN 0-19-860561-7).
- Reaney P.H and R.M. Wilson. A Dictionary of English Surnames. London: Routledge, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-415-05737-X).
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Magnusson, Magnus. Chambers Biographical Dictionary 5th edition. Edinburgh: W & R Chambers, 1990. Print.
- Cook, Chris. English Historical Facts 1603-1688. London: MacMillan, 1980. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Innes, Thomas and Learney. The Tartans of the Clans and Families of Scotland 1st Edition. Edinburgh: W & A. K. Johnston Limited, 1938. Print.
- Le Patourel, John. The Norman Empire. New York: Oxford University Press, 1976. Print. (ISBN 0-19-822525-3).
- Marcharn, Frederick George. A Constitutional History of Modern England 1485 to the Present. London: Harper and Brothers, 1960. Print.
- Thirsk, Joan. The Agrarian History of England and Wales. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press: 7 Volumes. Print.
The Svensson Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Svensson Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 14 February 2014 at 10:13.
on orders of $85 or more