on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Swedish Svensson family come from? What is the Swedish Svensson family crest and coat of arms? When did the Svensson family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Svensson family history?
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Svensson Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Gunner Svensson, who arrived in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1627
- Jacob Svensson, who landed in Delaware in 1643
- Johan Svensson, who landed in Delaware in 1693
- Gunnar Svensson, who arrived in Delaware in 1693
Svensson Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Svante Magnus Svensson, who landed in New York in 1836
- Johan Magnus Svensson, who arrived in New York in 1843
- Svante Johan Svensson, aged 19, arrived in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1846
- Sven Peter Svensson, aged 25, arrived in Boston, Massachusetts in 1848
- Magnus Svensson, aged 23, arrived in Boston, Massachusetts in 1848
Svensson Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Gottfried Svensson, who landed in Alabama in 1916
- Lars E. O. Svensson (b. 1947), Swedish economist
- Alf Robert Olaf Svensson (b. 1938), Swedish politician elected to the European Parliament in 2009
- Esbjörn Svensson (1964-2008), Swedish jazz pianist
- Lars Svensson (b. 1941), Swedish ornithologist
- Mr. Johan Svensson (d. 1912), aged 74, Swedish Third Class passenger from Reftele, Småland who sailed aboard the RMS Titanic and died in the sinking
- Mr. Johan Cervin Svensson, aged 14, Swedish Third Class passenger from KnaredKnäred, Halland who sailed aboard the RMS Titanic and survived in the sinking in life boat 13
- Mr. Olof Svensson (d. 1912), aged 24, Swedish Third Class passenger from BjorkebergaBjörkeberga, Skåne who sailed aboard the RMS Titanic and died in the sinking
- Major-General Antero Johannes Svensson (1892-1946), Finnish Commanding Officer, Light Brigade (1944-1946)
- Crispin, M. Jackson and Leonce Mary. Falaise Roll Recording Prominent Companions of William Duke of Normandy at the Conquest of England. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- MacAulay, Thomas Babington. History of England from the Accession of James the Second 4 volumes. New York: Harper and Brothers, 1879. Print.
- Magnusson, Magnus. Chambers Biographical Dictionary 5th edition. Edinburgh: W & R Chambers, 1990. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. General Armory Of England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. Print.
- Bede, The Venerable. Historia Ecclesiatica Gentis Anglorum (The Ecclesiastical History Of the English People). Available through Internet Medieval Sourcebook the Fordham University Centre for Medieval Studies. Print.
- Cook, Chris. English Historical Facts 1603-1688. London: MacMillan, 1980. Print.
- Fairbairn. Fairbain's book of Crests of the Families of Great Britain and Ireland, 4th Edition 2 volumes in one. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1968. Print.
- Humble, Richard. The Fall of Saxon England. New York: Barnes and Noble, 1975. Print. (ISBN 0-88029-987-8).
- Marcharn, Frederick George. A Constitutional History of Modern England 1485 to the Present. London: Harper and Brothers, 1960. Print.
- Burke, John Bernard Ed. The Roll of Battle Abbey. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
The Svensson Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Svensson Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 14 February 2014 at 10:13.
on orders of $85 or more