on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Origins Available: English
The surname Scarrow was first found in Yorkshire
probably derived from the village named Sharow, which is a mile from Ripon.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Skirrow, Scirrow, Sharow, Skarrow, Sharrow, Skerow, Skerowe, Skirroe, Scurry, Skurry, Skirow and many more.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Scarrow research. Another 276 words (20 lines of text) covering the years 1379, 1455, 1487, and 1570 are included under the topic Early Scarrow History in all our PDF Extended History products
More information is included under the topic Early Scarrow Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Scarrow Settlers in New Zealand in the 19th Century
- William Scarrow landed in Wellington, New Zealand in 1840
- Shelley Scarrow, Canadian Writers Guild of Canada Award wining and Gemini Award nominated television producer and writer
- Simon Scarrow (b. 1962), Nigerian-born, British author, best known for his Eagle Series of Roman Military fiction set
- Alex Scarrow, British author, known for his books The Candle man, A Thousand Suns, Last Light, Afterlight and October Skies
- Magnusson, Magnus. Chambers Biographical Dictionary 5th edition. Edinburgh: W & R Chambers, 1990. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Burke's Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Landed Gentry: Including American Families with British Ancestry. (2 Volumes). London: Burke Publishing, 1939. Print.
- Crispin, M. Jackson and Leonce Mary. Falaise Roll Recording Prominent Companions of William Duke of Normandy at the Conquest of England. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Cook, Chris. English Historical Facts 1603-1688. London: MacMillan, 1980. Print.
- Shirley, Evelyn Philip. Noble and Gentle Men of England Or Notes Touching The Arms and Descendants of the Ancient Knightley and Gentle Houses of England Arranged in their Respective Counties 3rd Edition. Westminster: John Bowyer Nichols and Sons, 1866. Print.
- Thirsk, Joan. The Agrarian History of England and Wales. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press: 7 Volumes. Print.
The Scarrow Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Scarrow Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 29 January 2015 at 08:10.
on orders of $85 or more