on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Origins Available: English, Irish
Where did the English Scarrow family come from? What is the English Scarrow family crest and coat of arms? When did the Scarrow family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Scarrow family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Skirrow, Scirrow, Sharow, Skarrow, Sharrow, Skerow, Skerowe, Skirroe, Scurry, Skurry, Skirow and many more.
First found in Yorkshire probably derived from the village named Sharow, which is a mile from Ripon.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Scarrow research. Another 276 words (20 lines of text) covering the years 1379, 1455, 1487, and 1570 are included under the topic Early Scarrow History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Scarrow Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Scarrow Settlers in New Zealand in the 19th Century
- William Scarrow landed in Wellington, New Zealand in 1840
- Shelley Scarrow, Canadian Writers Guild of Canada Award wining and Gemini Award nominated television producer and writer
- Simon Scarrow (b. 1962), Nigerian-born, British author, best known for his Eagle Series of Roman Military fiction set
- Alex Scarrow, British author, known for his books The Candle man, A Thousand Suns, Last Light, Afterlight and October Skies
- Fairbairn. Fairbain's book of Crests of the Families of Great Britain and Ireland, 4th Edition 2 volumes in one. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1968. Print.
- Bede, The Venerable. Historia Ecclesiatica Gentis Anglorum (The Ecclesiastical History Of the English People). Available through Internet Medieval Sourcebook the Fordham University Centre for Medieval Studies. Print.
- Bradford, William. History of Plymouth Plantation 1620-1647 Edited by Samuel Eliot Morrison 2 Volumes. New York: Russell and Russell, 1968. Print.
- Sanders, Joanne McRee Edition. English Settlers in Barbados 1637-1800. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Shaw, William A. Knights of England A Complete Record from the Earliest Time to the Present Day of the Knights of all the Orders of Chivalry in England, Scotland, Ireland and Knights Bachelors 2 Volumes. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print. (ISBN 080630443X).
- Cook, Chris. English Historical Facts 1603-1688. London: MacMillan, 1980. Print.
- Thirsk, Joan. The Agrarian History of England and Wales. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press: 7 Volumes. Print.
- The Norman People and Their Existing Descendants in the British Dominions and the United States Of America. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1975. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-0636-X).
- Humble, Richard. The Fall of Saxon England. New York: Barnes and Noble, 1975. Print. (ISBN 0-88029-987-8).
- Foster, Joseph. Dictionary of Heraldry Feudal Coats of Arms and Pedigrees. London: Bracken Books, 1989. Print. (ISBN 1-85170-309-8).
The Scarrow Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Scarrow Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 29 January 2015 at 08:10.
on orders of $85 or more