on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the German Rothschild family come from? What is the German Rothschild family crest and coat of arms? When did the Rothschild family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Rothschild family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Rothstein, Rothenstein, Rothmaler, Rothenmaler, Roddenstein, Rodenmaler, Rodstein, Rotstein, Rochstein, Roytenstein, Roitenstein, Roitstein, Rojtenstein, Reitenstein, Ruttenstein, Ruthstein, Routenstein and many more.
First found in Brunswick, where the name was anciently associated with the tribal conflicts of the area. They declared allegiances to many nobles and princes of early history, lending their influence in struggles for power and status within the region. They branched into many houses, and their contributions were sought by many leaders in their search for power.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Rothschild research. Another 142 words(10 lines of text) covering the year 1715 is included under the topic Early Rothschild History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Rothschild Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Rothschild Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Caroline Rothschild, aged 26, arrived in New York, NY in 1848
- Leopold Rothschild, aged 18, arrived in New York, NY in 1848
- Ressa Rothschild, aged 34, landed in New York, NY in 1848
- Samuel Rothschild, who arrived in New Jersey in 1854
- Care Rothschild, aged 19, landed in New York in 1854
Rothschild Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Max Rothschild, who arrived in Mississippi in 1901
- Mr. Martin Rothschild (d. 1912), aged 46, American First Class passenger from New York City, New York who sailed aboard the RMS Titanic and died in the sinking
- Mrs. Elizabeth Jane Anne Rothschild, (née Barrett), aged 54, American First Class passenger from New York City, New York who sailed aboard the RMS Titanic and survived the sinking escaping in life boat 6
- Meyer Amschel Rothschild (1743-1812), founder of the Rothschild family banking empire
- Nathan Meyer Rothschild (1777-1836), British financier
- Nathaniel Mayer Victor Rothschild (1910-1990), London financier, one of the founders of the Rothschild banking dynasty
- Mayer Alphonse James Rothschild (1827-1905), financier, vineyard owner, art collector, philanthropist
- David Lionel de Rothschild (b. 1955), British horticulturist
- Lionel Walter Rothschild FRS (1868-1937), 2nd Baron Rothschild, Baron de Rothschild, scion of the Rothschild family, a British banker, politician, and zoologist
- Nathan Mayer Rothschild GCVO PC (1840-1915), 1st Baron Rothschild, Baron de Rothschild, a British banker and politician
- James Mayer de Rothschild (1792-1868), French banker, the original founder of the French branch of the Rothschild family
- Gritzner, M. Handbuch der heraldischen Terminologie in zwölf Zungen. Nürnberg: 1890. Print.
- Siebmacher, J.J. Siebmachers Wappenbuch. München, Battenberg: 1975. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Zoder, Rudolf. Familiennamen in Ostfalen. Hildesheim: Geog Olms Verlagsbuchhandlung, 1968. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans. Abhandlungen zur Namenforschung und Buchgeschichte. 1980. Print. (ISBN 978-3768690522).
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans. Mecklenburgisches Namenbüchlein Ein Führer durch Mecklenburgs Familiennamen. Rostock: Carl Hinstorffs Verlag, 1932. Print.
- Hildenbrand, A.M. Wappenfibel. Handbuch der Heraldik. Neustadt an der Aisch: 1970. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
The Rothschild Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Rothschild Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 25 August 2014 at 10:57.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
on orders of $85 or more