on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the German Rothschild family come from? What is the German Rothschild family crest and coat of arms? When did the Rothschild family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Rothschild family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Rothstein, Rothenstein, Rothmaler, Rothenmaler, Roddenstein, Rodenmaler, Rodstein, Rotstein, Rochstein, Roytenstein, Roitenstein, Roitstein, Rojtenstein, Reitenstein, Ruttenstein, Ruthstein, Routenstein and many more.
First found in Brunswick, where the name was anciently associated with the tribal conflicts of the area. They declared allegiances to many nobles and princes of early history, lending their influence in struggles for power and status within the region. They branched into many houses, and their contributions were sought by many leaders in their search for power.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Rothschild research. Another 142 words(10 lines of text) covering the year 1715 is included under the topic Early Rothschild History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Rothschild Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Rothschild Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Caroline Rothschild, aged 26, arrived in New York, NY in 1848
- Leopold Rothschild, aged 18, arrived in New York, NY in 1848
- Ressa Rothschild, aged 34, landed in New York, NY in 1848
- Samuel Rothschild, who arrived in New Jersey in 1854
- Care Rothschild, aged 19, landed in New York in 1854
Rothschild Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Max Rothschild, who arrived in Mississippi in 1901
- Mr. Martin Rothschild (d. 1912), aged 46, American First Class passenger from New York City, New York who sailed aboard the RMS Titanic and died in the sinking
- Mrs. Elizabeth Jane Anne Rothschild, (née Barrett), aged 54, American First Class passenger from New York City, New York who sailed aboard the RMS Titanic and survived the sinking escaping in life boat 6
- Meyer Amschel Rothschild (1743-1812), founder of the Rothschild family banking empire
- Nathan Meyer Rothschild (1777-1836), British financier
- Nathaniel Mayer Victor Rothschild (1910-1990), London financier, one of the founders of the Rothschild banking dynasty
- Mayer Alphonse James Rothschild (1827-1905), financier, vineyard owner, art collector, philanthropist
- David Lionel de Rothschild (b. 1955), British horticulturist
- Lionel Walter Rothschild FRS (1868-1937), 2nd Baron Rothschild, Baron de Rothschild, scion of the Rothschild family, a British banker, politician, and zoologist
- Nathan Mayer Rothschild GCVO PC (1840-1915), 1st Baron Rothschild, Baron de Rothschild, a British banker and politician
- James Mayer de Rothschild (1792-1868), French banker, the original founder of the French branch of the Rothschild family
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Göbel, Otto. Niederdeutsche Familiennamen der Gegenwart Wolfshagen-Schäbentz. Franz: Westphal, 1936. Print.
- Siebmacher, J.J. Siebmacher's Grosses Wappenbuch 35 Volumes. Germany: Bauer & Raspe. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Brechenmacher, Josef Karlmann. Deutches Namenbuch. Stuttgart: Verlag von Adolf Bonz & Comp, 1928. Print.
- Strassburger, Ralph B. German Pioneers The Original Lists of Arrivals in the Port of Philadelphia 3 Volumes. Baltimore: Picton Press, 1992. Print. (ISBN 978-0929539980).
- Jones, Henry Z. Palatine Families of New York 2 Volumes. Rockland, ME: Picton Press, 2001. Print. (ISBN 978-0961388829).
- Zoder, Rudolf. Familiennamen in Ostfalen. Hildesheim: Geog Olms Verlagsbuchhandlung, 1968. Print.
The Rothschild Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Rothschild Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 25 August 2014 at 10:57.
on orders of $85 or more