100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Spelling variations of this family name include: Rothstein, Rothenstein, Rothmaler, Rothenmaler, Roddenstein, Rodenmaler, Rodstein, Rotstein, Rochstein, Roytenstein, Roitenstein, Roitstein, Rojtenstein, Reitenstein, Ruttenstein, Ruthstein, Routenstein and many more.
First found in Brunswick, where the name was anciently associated with the tribal conflicts of the area. They declared allegiances to many nobles and princes of early history, lending their influence in struggles for power and status within the region. They branched into many houses, and their contributions were sought by many leaders in their search for power.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Rothschild research. Another 142 words (10 lines of text) covering the year 1715 is included under the topic Early Rothschild History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Rothschild Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Rothschild Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Caroline Rothschild, aged 26, arrived in New York, NY in 1848
- Leopold Rothschild, aged 18, arrived in New York, NY in 1848
- Ressa Rothschild, aged 34, landed in New York, NY in 1848
- Samuel Rothschild, who arrived in New Jersey in 1854
- Care Rothschild, aged 19, landed in New York in 1854
Rothschild Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Max Rothschild, who arrived in Mississippi in 1901
- Mrs. Elizabeth Jane Anne Rothschild, (née Barrett), aged 54, American First Class passenger from New York City, New York who sailed aboard the RMS Titanic and survived the sinking escaping in life boat 6
- Mr. Martin Rothschild (d. 1912), aged 46, American First Class passenger from New York City, New York who sailed aboard the RMS Titanic and died in the sinking
- V. Henry II Rothschild (1908-1991), American Democrat politician, Candidate for Presidential Elector for New York, 1956; Candidate for Justice of New York Supreme Court 9th District, 1959
- Samuel Rothschild (b. 1879), American Republican politician, Delegate to Republican National Convention from New York, 1936
- Matthew Rothschild, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from California, 2004
- Joseph Rothschild, American Democrat politician, Alternate Delegate to Democratic National Convention from California, 1916
- Jonathan Rothschild, American politician, Mayor of Tucson, Arizona, 2013
- Herb Rothschild, American Democrat politician, Candidate for U.S. Representative from Louisiana 6th District, 1984
- George W. Rothschild (1916-1996), American politician, Circuit Judge in Illinois, 1983-95
- Beryl E. Rothschild (b. 1929), American Republican politician, Candidate for U.S. Representative from Ohio 11th District, 1992; Mayor of University Heights, Ohio, 2004; Delegate to Republican National Convention from Ohio, 2004
- Schenk, Trudy. Wuerttemberg Emigration Index Volume I-VIII. Salt Lake City: Ancestry Inc., 1986. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans. Deutschlands geographische Namenwelt Etymologisches Lexikon der Fluss- und Ortsnamen alteuropaischer Herkunft. Frankfurt: Suhrkamp, 1985. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans (Edda Gentry trns). Dictionary of German Names . Madison, Wisconsin: Max Kade Institute, 2002. Print. (ISBN 0-924119-35-7).
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Karlsruhe. Badisches Generallandesarchiv Baden Emigration lists 1866-1911. Salt Lake City: Microfilm of Card Index by the Genealogical Society of Utah. Print.
- Gottschald, Max. Deutsche Namenkunde unsere Familiennamen nach ihrer Entstehung und Bedeutung. München: J.F. Lehmanns Verlag, 1932. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Gritzner, M. Handbuch der heraldischen Terminologie in zwölf Zungen. Nürnberg: 1890. Print.
The Rothschild Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Rothschild Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 10 November 2015 at 09:01.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- no headaches!