Early Origins of the O'Bolguidhir family
Wexford (Irish: Loch Garman), founded by Vikings as Waesfjord, and located in Southeastern Ireland, in the province of Leinster, where they held a family seat from very ancient times, and, even today, the name is only very rarely found outside the province of Leinster in Ireland.
Early History of the O'Bolguidhir family
Another 315 words (22 lines of text) covering the years 1570, 1608, 1672, and 1679 are included under the topic Early O'Bolguidhir History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
O'Bolguidhir Spelling Variations
spelling variations of the surname O'Bolguidhir that are preserved in documents of the family history are Bollger, Bulger, Boulger, O'Bolger, O'Bulger, Bolger, Bolgire, Bulgire, O'Bulgire, O'Bolgire and many more.
Early Notables of the O'Bolguidhir family (pre 1700)
PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the O'Bolguidhir family to the New World and Oceana
The English-ruled Ireland of the late 18th and 19th centuries featured a rapidly increasing population and an agricultural-based economy. This combination proved to be disastrous in the 1840s after a couple of failed potato harvests. Thousands died of disease and starvation, and thousands more left the country, often bound for North America. Those that survived the journey to North America were put to work building the bridges, canals, roadways, and railways needed for the development of an industrial society. Those Irish, although often despised by those already established in North American cities and towns, played an instrumental role in making Canada and the United States the powerful and wealthy nations that they are today. An examination of early immigration and passenger lists has shown many immigrants bearing the name O'Bolguidhir: John Bolger who settled in Boston Massachusetts with his wife Cathy in 1804; typical of the five families who left Ireland during the Potato Famine between 1846/1854 was Thomas Bolger, his wife and five children who sailed on the ".
The O'Bolguidhir Motto
The motto was originally a war cry or slogan. Mottoes first began to be shown with arms in the 14th and 15th centuries, but were not in general use until the 17th century. Thus the oldest coats of arms generally do not include a motto. Mottoes seldom form part of the grant of arms: Under most heraldic authorities, a motto is an optional component of the coat of arms, and can be added to or changed at will; many families have chosen not to display a motto.
Motto: Deus nobis Haec Otio Fecit
Motto Translation: God made ??us this leisure
O'Bolguidhir Family Crest Products