100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the English Minick family come from? What is the English Minick family crest and coat of arms? When did the Minick family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Minick family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Menwynick, Menwinnick, Minhinick, Menhinick, Minwinnick, Minwinnick, Minhinnick and many more.
First found in Cornwall where they held a family seat as Lords of the Manor of Mwnwynick. Cornwall was a land set apart, a land of mystique and quaint customs, more strongly related to Brittany and Wales than to England. It was not until the 10th century that they submitted to the Saxon rule of England. Since then, their influence has moved east into Devon, Somerset and Dorset.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Minick research. Another 209 words(15 lines of text) covering the years 1240, 1510, 1600, and 1620 are included under the topic Early Minick History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Minick Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Minick Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Peter Minick, aged 39, arrived in Pennsylvania in 1737
- Simon Minick, aged 35, landed in Pennsylvania in 1737
Minick Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Michael Minick, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1837
- Conrad Minick, who arrived in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1844
- A. W. Minick, aged 39, who landed in America, in 1897
Minick Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Elizabeth V. Minick, aged 31, who settled in America, in 1905
- Louise Minick, aged 28, who emigrated to the United States, in 1906
- Robert Minick, aged 10, who settled in America, in 1907
- Victor Minick, aged 16, who emigrated to the United States, in 1907
- Gaston Minick, aged 13, who landed in America, in 1907
- Paul Minick (1899-1978), American National Football League guard
- Staff Sergeant John W Minick (1908-1944), American soldier who was awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor in 1944
- Shaw, William A. Knights of England A Complete Record from the Earliest Time to the Present Day of the Knights of all the Orders of Chivalry in England, Scotland, Ireland and Knights Bachelors 2 Volumes. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print. (ISBN 080630443X).
- The Norman People and Their Existing Descendants in the British Dominions and the United States Of America. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1975. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-0636-X).
- Burke, Sir Bernard. General Armory Of England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. Print.
- Sanders, Joanne McRee Edition. English Settlers in Barbados 1637-1800. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- MacAulay, Thomas Babington. History of England from the Accession of James the Second 4 volumes. New York: Harper and Brothers, 1879. Print.
- Marcharn, Frederick George. A Constitutional History of Modern England 1485 to the Present. London: Harper and Brothers, 1960. Print.
- Thirsk, Joan. The Agrarian History of England and Wales. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press: 7 Volumes. Print.
- Bowman, George Ernest. The Mayflower Reader A Selection of Articales from The Mayflower Descendent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Shirley, Evelyn Philip. Noble and Gentle Men of England Or Notes Touching The Arms and Descendants of the Ancient Knightley and Gentle Houses of England Arranged in their Respective Counties 3rd Edition. Westminster: John Bowyer Nichols and Sons, 1866. Print.
- Reaney P.H and R.M. Wilson. A Dictionary of English Surnames. London: Routledge, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-415-05737-X).
The Minick Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Minick Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 6 February 2015 at 12:27.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!