Marengo History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Marengo family
The surname Marengo was first found in Modena (Etruscan: Mutna; Latin: Mutina; Modenese: Mòdna), a city in Emilia capital of the province of Modena. It became Roman in 215 B.C. It was successfully defended by Brutus against Mark Anthony. It changed hands many times between Church and Duchy. In 1859 the inhabitants declared in favour of unity with the Kingdom of Italy. The Ducal Palace is a notable. Rich in art the city has many museums and galleries. But many noted scholars were born there. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time was in itself a family honor.
Important Dates for the Marengo family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Marengo research. Another 165 words (12 lines of text) covering the years 1046, 1150, 1260, 1344, 1376, 1390, and 1441 are included under the topic Early Marengo History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Marengo Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Marano, Maranto, Maurano, Mauritano, Marango and many more.
Early Notables of the Marengo family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Marengo Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Marengo migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Marengo Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Peter E. Marengo, who arrived in Vermont sometime between 1854 and 1923
- Katherine Marengo, who arrived in Vermont sometime between 1857 and 1937
- Agna Marengo, who arrived in Minneapolis sometime between 1863 and 1925
- Georgiana Marengo, who arrived in Minneapolis sometime between 1863 and 1926
- Thomas M. Marengo, who settled in Alabama in 1870
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Marengo (post 1700)
- Jean Baptiste Marengo, American politician, U.S. Consular Agent in Trebizond, 1884 
- Luigi Marengo (1928-2010), Italian painter
- Gisella Marengo, Italian actress
- Kimon Evan Marengo (1904-1988), Egyptian-born British cartoonist
- Levi Marengo (b. 1987), Dutch footballer
- María Rocío Marengo (b. 1980), Argentine model, actress, and dancer
- Manuel Marengo (b. 1973), Peruvian footballer
Historic Events for the Marengo family
- Louis Anthony Marengo (1955-1988), American Marketing Director from Rochester, Michigan, America, who flew aboard the Pan Am Flight 103 from Frankfurt to Detroit, known as the Lockerbie bombing in 1988 and died 
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, January 22) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
- ^ Pan Am Flight 103's victims: A list of those killed 25 years ago | syracuse.com. (Retrieved 2014, April 9) . Retrieved from http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2013/12/pan_am_flight_103s_victims_a_list_of_those_killed_25_years_ago.html