on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Origins Available: Irish, Scottish
Where did the Scottish Lyden family come from? What is the Scottish Lyden family crest and coat of arms? When did the Lyden family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Lyden family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Leydon, Leidden, Leyden, Leidon, Lethen, Lethane and others.
First found in Aberdeenshire (Gaelic: Siorrachd Obar Dheathain), a historic county, and present day Council Area of Aberdeen, located in the Grampian region of northeastern Scotland, where they held a family seat from very early times.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Lyden research. Another 193 words (14 lines of text) covering the years 1335, 1517, 1526, 1546, 1679, and 1811 are included under the topic Early Lyden History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Lyden Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the Lyden family moved to Ireland, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt. Another 226 words (16 lines of text) about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Lyden Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- John Lyden, who arrived in Pike County, Ind in 1886
Lyden Settlers in New Zealand in the 19th Century
- M. Lyden arrived in Auckland, New Zealand aboard the ship "British Empire" in 1880
- Michael J. Lyden, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Ohio, 1940
- Matthew O. Lyden, American Democrat politician, Candidate for Michigan State House of Representatives from St. Clair District, 1962
- Mac Dara Francis X. Lyden, American politician, Representative from New Jersey 6th District, 2002
- Robert Lyden, American child actor in the 1950s
- Pierce Lyden (1908-1998), American movie actor
- Adam, Frank. Clans Septs and Regiments of the Scottish Highlands 8th Edition. London: Bacon (G.W.) & Co, 1970. Print. (ISBN 10-0717945006).
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Scots Kith and Kin And Illustrated Map Revised 2nd Edition. Edinburgh: Clan House/Albyn. Print.
- Dorward, David. Scottish Surnames. Glasgow: Harper Collins, 1995. Print.
- Skene, William Forbes Edition. Chronicles of the Picts, Chronicles of the Scots and Other Early Memorials of Scottish History. Edinburgh: H.M. General Register House, 1867. Print.
- Innes, Thomas and Learney. Scots Heraldry A Practical Handbook on the Historical Principles and Mordern Application of the Art and Science. London: Oliver and Boyd, 1934. Print.
- Skordas, Guest. Ed. The Early Settlers of Maryland an Index to Names or Immigrants Complied from Records of Land Patents 1633-1680 in the Hall of Records Annapolis, Maryland. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1968. Print.
- Bell, Robert. The Book of Ulster Surnames. Belfast: Blackstaff, 1988. Print. (ISBN 10-0856404160).
- Innes, Thomas and Learney. Socts Heraldry A Practical Handbook on the Historical Principles and Modern Application of the Art of Science. London: Oliver and Boyd, 1934. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Landed Gentry Including American Families with British Ancestry 2 Volumes. London: Burke Publishing, 1939. Print.
The Lyden Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Lyden Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 3 November 2015 at 09:47.
on orders of $85 or more