on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the German Lohmann family come from? What is the German Lohmann family crest and coat of arms? When did the Lohmann family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Lohmann family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Lehman, Lehrman, Lehrmann, Lehrnmann, Lehrnman, Lehenmann, Leheman, Lohman and many more.
First found in Thuringia, where the family was known for its contributions to the prosperity and culture of the emerging feudal society. The family branched into numerous houses, many of which acquired estates and manors throughout the surrounding regions.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Lohmann research. Another 187 words(13 lines of text) covering the years 1556, 1790, 1842, and 1867 are included under the topic Early Lohmann History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Lohmann Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Lohmann Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Johann Henrich Lohmann, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1751
- Peter Henr Lohmann, who landed in America in 1777
- Johann Lohmann, who landed in America in 1783
- Hars Lohmann, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1786-1808
Lohmann Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- John P Lohmann, who landed in New York in 1835
- Gerh Lohmann, aged 53, arrived in New Orleans, La in 1843
- Adam Lohmann, aged 5, arrived in New Orleans, La in 1843
- Engel Lohmann, aged 18, landed in New Orleans, La in 1843
- Carl Lohmann, aged 26, landed in New Orleans, La in 1845
Lohmann Settlers in New Zealand in the 19th Century
- Frederick Lohmann arrived in Auckland, New Zealand aboard the ship "Aloe" in 1863
- Katie Lohmann (b. 1980), American model and actress
- Paul Lohmann, American cinematographer
- Theodor Christian Lohmann (1831-1905), 19th century German administrative lawyer, civil servant and social reformer
- Ulf Lohmann, German electronic music producer
- Henry Lohmann (1924-1967), Danish film actor
- Julia Lohmann (b. 1977), English multidisciplinary designer
- Jones, Henry Z. Palatine Families of New York 2 Volumes. Rockland, ME: Picton Press, 2001. Print. (ISBN 978-0961388829).
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Gottschald, Max. Deutsche Namenkunde unsere Familiennamen nach ihrer Entstehung und Bedeutung. München: J.F. Lehmanns Verlag, 1932. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans (Edda Gentry trns). Dictionary of German Names . Madison, Wisconsin: Max Kade Institute, 2002. Print. (ISBN 0-924119-35-7).
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Zoder, Rudolf. Familiennamen in Ostfalen. Hildesheim: Geog Olms Verlagsbuchhandlung, 1968. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Gritzner, M. Handbuch der heraldischen Terminologie in zwölf Zungen. Nürnberg: 1890. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
The Lohmann Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Lohmann Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 28 October 2014 at 04:07.
on orders of $85 or more