on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the French laverdiere family come from? What is the French laverdiere family crest and coat of arms? When did the laverdiere family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the laverdiere family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Laverdière, Laverdiere, Verdière, Verdiere, Laverdure, Verdiere, La Verdière, De Verdiere and many more.
First found in Languedoc in the south of France where this distinguished family held a family seat as important members of the aristocracy.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our laverdiere research. Another 144 words (10 lines of text) covering the years 1675, 1789, and 1809 are included under the topic Early laverdiere History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early laverdiere Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
laverdiere Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Ulric Laverdiere, aged 37, who emigrated to the United States from Paris, in 1906
- Gedeon Laverdiere, aged 37, who emigrated to the United States, in 1907
- Maria Laverdiere, aged 36, who settled in America from Paris, France, in 1918
- Paul Laverdiere, American politician, Mayor of Waterville, Maine, 1978-82
- Jacques Laverdiere (b. 1961), Canadian professional hockey player
- Hélène Laverdière (b. 1955), Canadian politician elected Member of Parliament for the riding of Laurier-Sainte-Marie in 2011
- Charles-Honoré Cauchon dit Laverdière (1826-1873), French-Canadian priest and historian
- Herman E. Laverdière (b. 1927), Liberal party member of the Canadian House of Commons
- Guérard, Albert Léon. France: a Modern History. Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press, 1959. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Rupp, Daniel L. A Collection of Upwards of Thirty Thousand Names of German, Swiss, Dutch, French and Other Immigrants to Pennsylvania from 1727 to 1776. Baltimore. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Doyle, William. The Oxford History of the French Revolution. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1990. Print. (ISBN 0192852213).
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
The laverdiere Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The laverdiere Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 7 October 2015 at 14:48.
on orders of $85 or more