on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the French laverdiere family come from? What is the French laverdiere family crest and coat of arms? When did the laverdiere family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the laverdiere family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Laverdière, Laverdiere, Verdière, Verdiere, Laverdure, Verdiere, La Verdière, De Verdiere and many more.
First found in Languedoc in the south of France where this distinguished family held a family seat as important members of the aristocracy.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our laverdiere research. Another 144 words(10 lines of text) covering the years 1675, 1789, and 1809 are included under the topic Early laverdiere History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early laverdiere Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
laverdiere Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Ulric Laverdiere, aged 37, who emigrated to the United States from Paris, in 1906
- Gedeon Laverdiere, aged 37, who emigrated to the United States, in 1907
- Maria Laverdiere, aged 36, who settled in America from Paris, France, in 1918
- Herman E. Laverdière (b. 1927), Liberal party member of the Canadian House of Commons
- Charles-Honoré Cauchon dit Laverdière (1826-1873), French-Canadian priest and historian
- Hélène Laverdière (b. 1955), Canadian politician elected Member of Parliament for the riding of Laurier-Sainte-Marie in 2011
- Jacques Laverdiere (b. 1961), Canadian professional hockey player
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- Doyle, William. The Oxford History of the French Revolution. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1990. Print. (ISBN 0192852213).
- Vaillancourt, Emile. La Conquete du Canada par les Normands. Biographie de la premiere generation Normande du Canada. Montreal: G. Ducharme, 1930. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
The laverdiere Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The laverdiere Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 12 March 2012 at 11:11.
on orders of $85 or more