Lambrecht History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The roots of the Lambrecht family are found in the ancient German state of Bavaria. Lambrecht is one of the most common styles of German surname, that of patronymics and matronymics - names derived from the given names of the father or mother of their original bearers. Lambrecht is derived from the Old Germanic name Landbehrt, which means shining land or holy land. The name Lambert, with its many regional variations, was popular both as a first and last name throughout the Middle Ages. This was partly owing to the fame of Bishop Lambertus von Maastricht who lived in the 8th century.
Early Origins of the Lambrecht family
The surname Lambrecht was first found in Franconia, where the name could be considered to make a great early contribution to the feudal society which became the backbone of early development of Europe. The name Lambrecht with its many regional variations was much loved both as a first and last name throughout the Middle Ages. This was partly owing to the fame of Bishop Lambertus von Maastricht who lived around 700 AD. The oldest Germanic variation is Land-behrt, meaning literally "shining-land" or "holy-land." The variation Lamprecht especially became prominent in local affairs and branched into many houses which played important roles in the tribal and national conflicts of the Middle Ages, where each group sought power and status in an ever-changing territorial profile.
Early History of the Lambrecht family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Lambrecht research. Another 186 words (13 lines of text) covering the years 1103, 1523, 1698, 1786, 1807, 1817, 1731, 1088, 1486, 1530, 1680, 1731, 1728 and 1777 are included under the topic Early Lambrecht History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Lambrecht Spelling Variations
One can encounter great variation in the spelling of surnames: in early times, spelling in general, and thus the spelling of names was not yet standardized; and later, spellings would change with branching and movement of families. Variations of the name Lambrecht include Lambrecht, Lampert (Northern Germany), Lamprecht (Southern Germany), Lamrecht, Lambreckt, Lamreckt and many more.
Early Notables of the Lambrecht family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the name Lambrecht in this period include Lambert of Hersfeld (d.1088), a German chronicler and historian, who was a Thuringian by birth and became a Benedictine monk. Francis Lambert (1486-1530) was a Protestant reformer who became head of theological faculty in Marburg.
Jan Baptist Lambrechts (1680-c.1731) was a Flemish painter mainly...
Another 55 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Lambrecht Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Lambrecht is the 9,816th most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
Lambrecht migration to the United States +
Thousands of German settlers came to North America between the mid-17th and mid-20th centuries. The hardships of the long voyage were balanced by the opportunity to escape poverty and religious persecution. The descendents of these settlers still populate the states of Pennsylvania, Texas, New York, Illinois, and California. Many also live in Ontario and the prairie provinces of Canada. An inquiry into the early roots of North American families has revealed a number of immigrants bearing the name Lambrecht or a variant listed above:
Lambrecht Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Georg Lambrecht, who immigrated to America in 1709 with his wife and six children
- Jacob Lambrecht, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1744 
- Antonius Lambrecht, settled in Philadelphia in 1751
- Antonius Lambrecht, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1751 
- Mrs. Carl Lambrecht, who arrived in America in 1752 
Lambrecht Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Friedrich Lambrecht, who arrived in Texas in 1840-1850 
- Friedrich Lambrecht, who immigrated to Texas with his wife Elisa Schickedanz in 1843
- Engelbert Lambrecht, who landed in North America in 1854 
- Matthias Lambrecht, who arrived in North America in 1854 
Contemporary Notables of the name Lambrecht (post 1700) +
- Ray Lambrecht (1918-2014), American car dealer in Pierce, Nebraska who collected trade-ins in his farm; in 2013 he sold over 500 of them for over $2,800,000
- Nanny Lambrecht (b. 1868), German writer who authored about 25 novels
- Wilhelm Lambrecht (1834-1904), German builder of measuring instruments
- Roger Lambrecht (1931-2022), Belgian businessman and footballer, President of Sporting Lokeren (1994-2019)
- Bjorg Lambrecht (1997-2019), Belgian cyclist, who rode for UCI WorldTeam Lotto–Soudal; he died crashing into a concrete culvert during stage three of the 2019 Tour de Pologne
- Roger Lambrecht (1916-1979), Belgian road bicycle racer who rode professionally from 1945 to 1954 and won 18 races
- Kálmán Lambrecht (1889-1936), Hungarian palaeontologist, best known for his work on fossil birds
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)