La Touche History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Origins Available: English
Early Origins of the La Touche family
The surname La Touche was first found in Rhine Valley, where the family has been a prominent family for centuries, and held a family seat
with domains, estates and manors. The family were well established in the region of Strasburg north to the coast and several members of the family distinguished themselves through their contributions toward the community and their religious activities. The La Touche family were from Blesois, between Blois and Orleans, of noble birth and possessing many estates. They were rewarded with lands, titles and letters patent confirming their nobility.
Early History of the La Touche family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our La Touche research.Another 235 words (17 lines of text) covering the years 179 and 1797 are included under the topic Early La Touche History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
La Touche Spelling Variations
of this family name include: La Touche, Touche, La Touche, Le Touche, De la Touche, De Touche, LaTouche and many more.
Early Notables of the La Touche family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early La Touche Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the La Touche family to Ireland
Some of the La Touche family moved to Ireland
, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt.Another 61 words (4 lines of text) about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the La Touche family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
La Touche Settlers in Canada in the 17th Century
- Jehan LaTouche, who arrived in Canada in 1643
- Martin Latouche, aged 52, who arrived in Canada in 1643
- Jehan LaTouche, aged 45, who arrived in Canada in 1643
- Roger Latouche, who arrived in Quebec in 1680
Contemporary Notables of the name La Touche (post 1700)
- Melissa Latouche, American actress and producer, known for Brash Young Turks (2015), Love Aaj Kal (2009) and Flashmob (2008)
- John Latouche (1917-1956), American TV and film, lyricist and actor
- John S. LaTouche, American politician, Member of Pennsylvania State House of Representatives from Lackawanna County, 1881-84 CITATION[CLOSE]
The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 7) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
- Rose La Touche (1848-1875), English pupil and cherished student, from which John Ruskin based Sesame and Lilies (1865); some speculate that Ruskin "fell in love" with Rose when she was between the ages of 14 and 18
- Peter La Touche (1775-1830), Irish landowner and politician, Member of Parliament for County Leitrim (1802 – 1806)
- Claude Guimond de La Touche (1723-1760), 18th-century French playwright and poet
- Gaston La Touche (1854-1913), French painter, illustrator, engraver and sculptor
- Rose La Touche (1848-1875), young Irish girl who John Ruskin based Sesame and Lilies (1865)
- Peter La Touche (d. 1830), Irish politician, Member of Parliament for Leitrim (1802–1806), nephew of Peter La Touche
- Peter La Touche (1733-1828), Irish politician, Member of Parliament for Leitrim (1783–1790) and (1796–1798)
- ... (Another 4 notables are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
La Touche Family Crest Products
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 7) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html