100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Irish Kenefick family come from? What is the Irish Kenefick family crest and coat of arms? When did the Kenefick family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Kenefick family history?The surname Kenefick came to Ireland with the Anglo- Norman invasion of the 12t century. The name itself is thought to have comes from a Welsh place-name and was at one time prefixed with the typical Norman "de."
Spelling variations of this family name include: Kennefick, Kenefick, Kennefic, Kennefake, Kenefeake and many more.
First found in the city of Dublin and the Leinster counties of Kilkenny, Kildare, and Louth. Four the past 400 years, the name has been associated with County Cork. The early ancestors of the family settled in these areas following their coming to Ireland with the Anglo- Norman invasion. The surname originally hails from Wales, specifically a Welsh place name that originally had the prefix "de."  Today Kenfig Hill is a village in Bridgend County, South Wales and it is from this locale that the family originated.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Kenefick research. Another 41 words(3 lines of text) covering the years 171 and 1712 are included under the topic Early Kenefick History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Kenefick Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Kenefick Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Richard Kenefick, who was naturalized in Wisconsin in 1854
- Joseph D. Kenefick, who was naturalized in DeKalb County, Illinois in 1893
Kenefick Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Mary Kenefick, aged 16, who arrived in America from Lismore, Ireland, in 1901
- Stephen A. Kenefick, aged 61, who arrived in America from County Cork, Ireland, in 1904
- Robert Kenefick, aged 24, who arrived in America from County Cork, Ireland, in 1907
- Elizabeth Kenefick, aged 20, who arrived in America from Midleton, Ireland, in 1909
- Nellie Kenefick, aged 48, who arrived in America, in 1910
Kenefick Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- Richard Kenefick, who settled in Halifax, Nova Scotia in 1793
- William Sebastian Kenefick (b. 1971), American television personality and CEO of RetroSBK, a manufacturer of custom-made and retro-inspired motorcycles
- William Kenefick, American President of the Missouri, Oklahoma and Gulf Railroad (MO&G), eponym of Kenefic, a town in Bryan County, Oklahoma
- ^ MacLysaght, Edward, More Irish Families. Dublin: Irish Academic Press, 1982. Print. (ISBN 0-7165-0126-0)
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1978. Print.
- Vicars, Sir Arthur. Index to the Prerogative Wills of Ireland 1536-1810. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Chadwick, Nora Kershaw and J.X.W.P Corcoran. The Celts. London: Penguin, 1970. Print. (ISBN 0140212116).
- Grehan, Ida. Dictionary of Irish Family Names. Boulder: Roberts Rinehart, 1997. Print. (ISBN 1-57098-137-X).
- Magnusson, Magnus. Chambers Biographical Dictionary 5th edition. Edinburgh: W & R Chambers, 1990. Print.
- Skordas, Guest. Ed. The Early Settlers of Maryland an Index to Names or Immigrants Complied from Records of Land Patents 1633-1680 in the Hall of Records Annapolis, Maryland. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1992. Print.
- MacLysaght, Edward. Irish Families Their Names, Arms and Origins 4th Edition. Dublin: Irish Academic, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-7165-2364-7).
- Harris, Ruth-Ann and B. Emer O'Keefe. The Search for Missing Friends Irish Immigrant Advertisements Placed in the Boston Pilot Volume II 1851-1853. Boston, MA: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 1991. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Heraldic Scroll and Map of Family names and Origins of Ireland. Dublin: Mullins. Print.
The Kenefick Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Kenefick Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 20 June 2014 at 11:56.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!