on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Origins Available: Dutch, Norwegian
Where did the Dutch Hoagland family come from? What is the Dutch Hoagland family crest and coat of arms? When did the Hoagland family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Hoagland family history?
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Hoagland Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Cornelis Dircksen Hoagland, who landed in New York, NY in 1645
Hoagland Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Danl Hoagland, who arrived in Virginia in 1702
- Joseph Christoffel Hoagland (1841-1899), American businessman, co-founder and President of the Royal Baking Powder Company in 1866
- Howard Ellsworth Hoagland (1903-1972), American Academy Award and Primetime Emmy Award winning film editor, known for his work on the television series Bonanza
- Willard A. Hoagland (1862-1936), American baseball umpire and long distance walker who umpired 27 National Association games in 1894
- Abraham Lucas Hoagland (1797-1872), American early Mormon leader, pioneer, one of the founders of Royal Oak, Michigan, and Salt Lake City, Utah
- Moses Hoagland (1812-1865), American politician, Member of the U.S. House of Representatives from Ohio (1849-1851)
- John Hoagland (1947-1984), American war photographer and photojournalist; he was on the "hit list" of the government death squads and was gunned down while photographing a pair of Salvadoran soldiers
- Mahlon Bush Hoagland (1921-2009), American biochemist who discovered transfer RNA
- Peter Jackson Hoagland (1941-2007), American Democratic politician, Member of the U.S. House of Representatives from Nebraska (1989-1995)
- Anthony Dey "Tony" Hoagland (b. 1953), American poet and writer, a finalist for the National Book Critics Circle Award
- Richard Charles Hoagland (b. 1945), American conspiracy theory author, known for his writings on NASA, lost alien civilizations on the Moon and Mars
- Dirck Jansen Hoogland Family History, 1657-1976. A Hoogland, Hogeland, Hoagland, Hoaglin Genealogy by George Williams Hoagland.
- Siebmacher, J.J. Siebmachers Wappenbuch. München: 1975. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Tarneller, Josef. Zur Namenkunde Tirolen Familiennamen. Bozen: Buchhandlung, 1923. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Kneschke, Dr. Ernest Heinrich. Neues allgemeines Deutsches Adels-Lexicon 9 Volumes New General German Aristocracy Lexicon. Leipzig: Friedrich Voigt, 1859. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans. Abhandlungen zur Namenforschung und Buchgeschichte. 1980. Print. (ISBN 978-3768690522).
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Rupp, Daniel L. A Collection of Upwards of Thirty Thousand Names of German, Swiss, Dutch, French and Other Immigrants to Pennsylvania from 1727 to 1776. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 2000. Print. (ISBN 978-0806303024).
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
The Hoagland Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Hoagland Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 18 September 2015 at 14:41.
on orders of $85 or more