on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Origins Available: Dutch
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Hoagland Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Cornelis Dircksen Hoagland, who landed in New York, NY in 1645
Hoagland Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Danl Hoagland, who arrived in Virginia in 1702
- Joseph Christoffel Hoagland (1841-1899), American businessman, co-founder and President of the Royal Baking Powder Company in 1866
- Howard Ellsworth Hoagland (1903-1972), American Academy Award and Primetime Emmy Award winning film editor, known for his work on the television series Bonanza
- Willard A. Hoagland (1862-1936), American baseball umpire and long distance walker who umpired 27 National Association games in 1894
- Abraham Lucas Hoagland (1797-1872), American early Mormon leader, pioneer, one of the founders of Royal Oak, Michigan, and Salt Lake City, Utah
- Moses Hoagland (1812-1865), American politician, Member of the U.S. House of Representatives from Ohio (1849-1851)
- John Hoagland (1947-1984), American war photographer and photojournalist; he was on the "hit list" of the government death squads and was gunned down while photographing a pair of Salvadoran soldiers
- Mahlon Bush Hoagland (1921-2009), American biochemist who discovered transfer RNA
- Peter Jackson Hoagland (1941-2007), American Democratic politician, Member of the U.S. House of Representatives from Nebraska (1989-1995)
- Anthony Dey "Tony" Hoagland (b. 1953), American poet and writer, a finalist for the National Book Critics Circle Award
- Richard Charles Hoagland (b. 1945), American conspiracy theory author, known for his writings on NASA, lost alien civilizations on the Moon and Mars
- Dirck Jansen Hoogland Family History, 1657-1976. A Hoogland, Hogeland, Hoagland, Hoaglin Genealogy by George Williams Hoagland.
- Neubecker, Ottfried. Großes Wappen-Bilder-Lexikon der bürgerlichen Geschlechter Deutschlands Oesterreichs und der Schweiz. Battenberg, München: 1985. Print.
- Grattan, Thomas Colley. Holdan The History of the Netherlands. Charleston, SC: Biblio Bazaar LLC, 2007. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans. Deutschlands geographische Namenwelt Etymologisches Lexikon der Fluss- und Ortsnamen alteuropaischer Herkunft. Frankfurt: Suhrkamp, 1985. Print.
- Jameson, John Franklin. Narratives of New Netherland 1609-1664. New York: Charles Scribner's Sons, 1909. Print.
- Brechenmacher, Josef Karlmann. Deutches Namenbuch. Stuttgart: Verlag von Adolf Bonz & Comp, 1928. Print.
- Gritzner, M. Handbuch der heraldischen Terminologie in zwölf Zungen. Nürnberg: 1890. Print.
- Hanks, Hodges, Mills and Room. The Oxford Names Companion. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2002. Print. (ISBN 0-19-860561-7).
- Oswald, G. Lexicon der Heraldik. Leipzig: 1984. Print.
- Gottschald, Max. Deutsche Namenkunde unsere Familiennamen nach ihrer Entstehung und Bedeutung. München: J.F. Lehmanns Verlag, 1932. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
The Hoagland Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Hoagland Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 18 September 2015 at 14:41.
on orders of $85 or more