on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Origins Available: Dutch, Norwegian
Where did the Dutch Hoagland family come from? What is the Dutch Hoagland family crest and coat of arms? When did the Hoagland family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Hoagland family history?
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Hoagland Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Cornelis Dircksen Hoagland, who landed in New York, NY in 1645
Hoagland Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Danl Hoagland, who arrived in Virginia in 1702
- Jim Hoagland (b. 1940), American two-time recipient of the Pulitzer Prize in International Reporting in 1971 and Commentary in 1991
- Sarah Lucia Hoagland, American Professor of Philosophy and Women's Studies at Northeastern Illinois University in Chicago
- Richard Charles Hoagland (b. 1945), American conspiracy theory author, known for his writings on NASA, lost alien civilizations on the Moon and Mars
- Anthony Dey "Tony" Hoagland (b. 1953), American poet and writer, a finalist for the National Book Critics Circle Award
- Peter Jackson Hoagland (1941-2007), American Democratic politician, Member of the U.S. House of Representatives from Nebraska (1989-1995)
- Mahlon Bush Hoagland (1921-2009), American biochemist who discovered transfer RNA
- John Hoagland (1947-1984), American war photographer and photojournalist; he was on the "hit list" of the government death squads and was gunned down while photographing a pair of Salvadoran soldiers
- Moses Hoagland (1812-1865), American politician, Member of the U.S. House of Representatives from Ohio (1849-1851)
- Abraham Lucas Hoagland (1797-1872), American early Mormon leader, pioneer, one of the founders of Royal Oak, Michigan, and Salt Lake City, Utah
- Willard A. Hoagland (1862-1936), American baseball umpire and long distance walker who umpired 27 National Association games in 1894
- Dirck Jansen Hoogland Family History, 1657-1976. A Hoogland, Hogeland, Hoagland, Hoaglin Genealogy by George Williams Hoagland.
- Göbel, Otto. Niederdeutsche Familiennamen der Gegenwart Wolfshagen-Schäbentz. Franz: Westphal, 1936. Print.
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
- Siebmacher, J.J. Siebmacher's Grosses Wappenbuch 35 Volumes. Germany: Bauer & Raspe. Print.
- Swierenga, Robert P. Compiler Dutch Emigrant to the United State, South Africa, South America and Southeast Asia 1835-1880 An Alphabetical Listing by Househould Heads and Independent Persons. Wilmington, DE: Scholary Resources, 1983. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans. Mecklenburgisches Namenbüchlein Ein Führer durch Mecklenburgs Familiennamen. Rostock: Carl Hinstorffs Verlag, 1932. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Kneschke, Dr. Ernest Heinrich. Neues allgemeines Deutsches Adels-Lexicon 9 Volumes New General German Aristocracy Lexicon. Leipzig: Friedrich Voigt, 1859. Print.
- Götze, Alfred. Familiennamen im badischen Oberland. Heidelberg: C. Winter, 1918. Print.
- Jameson, John Franklin. Narratives of New Netherland 1609-1664. New York: Charles Scribner's Sons, 1909. Print.
The Hoagland Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Hoagland Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 9 May 2014 at 18:18.
on orders of $85 or more