Haun History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
A multitude of prestigious family names, such as the surname Haun, were formed in the lands which became the modern state of Germany, a place renowned for its beauty, industry, and economic power. However, in the medieval era, Germany was fragmented and inhabited by numerous Barbarian tribes, who fought amongst themselves for control of the land. At this time, the surname Haun emerged throughout the German territories.
Early Origins of the Haun family
The surname Haun was first found in Germany, where this family name became a prominent contributor to the development of the district from ancient times. Always prominent in social affairs, the name Hann became an integral part of that turbulent region as it emerged to form alliances with other families within the Feudal System and the nation. Hans den alten Hanne and his son Hans den junge Hanne were recorded in the "Zeirschrift fur deutsche Geschicte des Oberrheins" in the year 1386. In 1498, Bernhardus Hani appears in the Wurttembergische Regesten" as a citizen of Grosseislingen.
Early History of the Haun family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Haun research. Another 95 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1752, 1839, 1921, 1792, 1863, 1843, 1805 and 1880 are included under the topic Early Haun History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Haun Spelling Variations
One can encounter great variation in the spelling of surnames: in early times, spelling in general, and thus the spelling of names was not yet standardized; and later, spellings would change with branching and movement of families. Variations of the name Haun include Hann, Hanne, Hänn, Hahn, Hahne, Hahnn, Hahnne, Haann, Haanne, Haan, Haane, Hahner, Hahnen, Hahns, Hahnlen, Hähnel, Hannel, Hanl, Hanner, Hanns, Haun, Haunn, Hawn, Honn, Honnel, Honner, Hohn, Hohne, Haen and many more.
Early Notables of the Haun family (pre 1700)
Notables of the time with the name Haun included Julius Hann (1839-1921) Austrian meteorologist and climatologist whose international reputation was built on his studies of atmospheric dynamics, thermodynamics, cyclones, climatology and the "atmospheric pulse"; August Hahn (1792-1863) German divine who served...
Another 41 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Haun Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Haun migration to the United States +
Early immigration records have shown some of the first Hauns to arrive on North American shores:
Haun Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Henrich Haun, who landed in Pennsylvarda in 1754 
- Johan Peter Haun, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1754 
- Henry Haun, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1758 
Haun Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Christ Haun, who arrived in Texas in 1845 
- Adolph Haun who arrived in Galveston, Texas in 1846
- Adolf Haun, who landed in Texas in 1846 
Haun migration to Canada +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Haun Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- Masia Haun, who arrived in Nova Scotia in 1757
Contemporary Notables of the name Haun (post 1700) +
- Christopher Alexander "Alex" Haun (1821-1861), American potter who during the American Civil War was executed by the Confederate States of America for participation in the East Tennessee bridge-burning conspiracy
- Lindsey Haun (b. 1984), American Young Artist Award nominated actress and singer best known for her role as Hadley on the HBO television series True Blood
- Jeremy Haun, American freelance comic book artist
- Jimmy Carey Haun, American lead guitarist, known for his work with the bands Yes, Air Supply, and Circa
- Henry Peter Haun (1815-1860), American politician, United States Senator from California (1859-1860)
- Henry Peter Haun (1815-1860), American Democrat politician, Delegate to Iowa State Constitutional Convention from Clinton County, 1846; State Court Judge in California, 1851; U.S. Senator from California, 1859-60 
- Gilbert Haun, American Democrat politician, Chair of Washington County Democratic Party, 1950 
- David L. Haun, American politician, Member of California State Assembly 15th District, 1861-62 
- Carl B. Haun, American Republican politician, Delegate to Republican National Convention from Oklahoma, 1932 
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, February 5) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html