Hasan History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The ancient roots of the Hasan family are found in the German state of Bavaria. The Hasan surname, was a local name, for someone who lived in Bavaria, where the family was closely identified in early medieval times with the feudal society which would become prominent throughout European history.
Early Origins of the Hasan family
The surname Hasan was first found in Bavaria, where the family was closely identified in early mediaeval times with the feudal society which would become prominent throughout European history. The name would later emerge as a noble family with great influence, having many distinguished branches, and become noted for its involvement in social, economic and political affairs. The name originates from the German word "Hase," meaning rabbit. Chronicles first mention Ruediger Hase in Bavaria in 1173, Henrich Hase, the owner of the inn "zum Hase" in Basel in 1293, and the name Hass appears in Prague in 1363.
Early History of the Hasan family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Hasan research. Another 443 words (32 lines of text) covering the years 1503, 1316, 1421, 1762, 1774, 1801, 1536, 1362, 1684 and 1742 are included under the topic Early Hasan History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Hasan Spelling Variations
One can encounter great variation in the spelling of surnames: in early times, spelling in general, and thus the spelling of names was not yet standardized; and later, spellings would change with branching and movement of families. Variations of the name Hasan include Hase, Haase, Haas, Hasse, Hasen, Haass, Haasse, Haasen, Haes, Haese, Haess, Haesse, Heslin, Haeslein and many more.
Early Notables of the Hasan family (pre 1700)
Another 43 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Hasan Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Hasan migration to the United States +
German settlers were among the most common to come to North America between the mid-17th and mid-20th centuries. Poverty and religious persecution drove many Bavarians to make this long trek. tenant farmers were also enticed by the prospect of owning land. From east to west, these German immigrants populated the United States, settling in Pennsylvania, Texas, New York, Illinois, and California. Ontario and the prairie provinces of Canada also provided homes to many. Early settlers bearing the Hasan surname or a spelling variation of the name include:
Hasan Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Antonio Hasan, aged 26, who landed in America from Juliana, Austria, in 1910
- Janko Hasan, aged 25, who landed in America from Pisarovina, Austria, in 1912
- Ester Hasan, who immigrated to America, in 1916
- Hassarbrin Hasan, aged 26, who landed in America, in 1919
- Ismet Hasan, aged 18, who immigrated to the United States, in 1920
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Hasan (post 1700) +
- Kamil Hasan, American Democrat politician, Member of Democratic National Committee from California, 2008; Delegate to Democratic National Convention from California, 2008 
- Arshad Hasan, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Vermont, 2008 
- Hasan Basri Durin (1935-2016), Indonesian politician and military officer, State Minister of Agrarian Affairs (1998-1999), Governor of West Sumatra (1987-1997)
Related Stories +