on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
The surname Goudreau was first found in Gascony (French: Gascogne), an area of southwest France bordering Spain
, that was part of the "Province of Guyenne and Gascony" prior to the French Revolution, where this renown family has held a family seat
since ancient times.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Gaudreault, Gaudreau, Gaudrault, Gaudruau, Gaudru, Gaudriault, Gaudriaud, Goudreau, Goudreault, Goudreaux, Goudrault, Goudraux, Goudrot, Coudreau, Coudreaux, Coudraut, Coudrot, Coudrolt, Goudrow and many more.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Goudreau research. Another 323 words (23 lines of text) covering the years 1243, 1612, 1700, 1716, 1773, and 1780 are included under the topic Early Goudreau History in all our PDF Extended History products
Another 27 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Goudreau Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Goudreau Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Madeleine B. Goudreau, aged 19, who emigrated to Chicago, Illinois, in 1919
- Viola Goudreau, aged 35, who settled in Mountain Neck, New Jersey, in 1924
- Barry Goudreau (b. 1951), American musician, one of the original guitarists for the rock band Boston
- Charles E. Goudreau, American politician, Mayor of North Plainfield, New Jersey, 1953-54
- Albert Goudreau (1887-1962), Canadian politician, Member of the Legislative Assembly of Quebec for Richmond (1935-1939)
- Hector Goudreau (b. 1950), Canadian politician, MLA for Dunvegan-Central Peace (2004-)
- Doyle, William. The Oxford History of the French Revolution. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1990. Print. (ISBN 0192852213).
- D'Hozier Charles. Armorial Général de France. Paris: Dillon, 1875. Print.
- de la Porte, A. Tresor Heraldique. Paris: F. Casterman, 1864. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- De Ville, Winston. Gulf Coast Colonials, A Compendium of French Families in Early Eighteenth Century Louisiana. Baltimore, MD: Clearfield, 1999. Print.
- Conrad, Glenn R. The First Families of Louisiana. Baton Rouge LA: Claitor's Publishing, 1970. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
The Goudreau Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Goudreau Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 23 October 2015 at 10:55.
on orders of $85 or more