on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the English Gorelick family come from? What is the English Gorelick family crest and coat of arms? When did the Gorelick family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Gorelick family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Garlwick, Garleck, Garlick, Garlicke, Gallic and others.
First found in Lancashire where they were Lords of the manor of Garlwick soon after the Norman Conquest in 1066 A.D.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Gorelick research. Another 145 words (10 lines of text) covering the years 1275, 1330, 1555 and 1588 are included under the topic Early Gorelick History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 37 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Gorelick Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Robt. Garlick who settled in Virginia in 1650; John Garlick settled in Boston Massachusetts in 1847; another John Garlick settled in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1842.
- Oscar A. Gorelick, American Republican politician, Candidate in primary for Michigan State House of Representatives from Wayne County 1st District, 1948, 1950
- Shirley, Evelyn Philip. Noble and Gentle Men of England Or Notes Touching The Arms and Descendants of the Ancient Knightley and Gentle Houses of England Arranged in their Respective Counties 3rd Edition. Westminster: John Bowyer Nichols and Sons, 1866. Print.
- Chadwick, Nora Kershaw and J.X.W.P Corcoran. The Celts. London: Penguin, 1790. Print. (ISBN 0140212116).
- Crispin, M. Jackson and Leonce Mary. Falaise Roll Recording Prominent Companions of William Duke of Normandy at the Conquest of England. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Innes, Thomas and Learney. The Tartans of the Clans and Families of Scotland 1st Edition. Edinburgh: W & A. K. Johnston Limited, 1938. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Peerage and Baronetage, The Privy Council, Knightage and Compainonage. London: Burke Publishing, 1921. Print.
- Markale, J. Celtic Civilization. London: Gordon & Cremonesi, 1976. Print.
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Foster, Joseph. Dictionary of Heraldry Feudal Coats of Arms and Pedigrees. London: Bracken Books, 1989. Print. (ISBN 1-85170-309-8).
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
The Gorelick Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Gorelick Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 2 November 2015 at 10:23.
on orders of $85 or more