Gallodet History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Gallodet family
The surname Gallodet was first found in Gascony (French: Gascogne), an area of southwest France bordering Spain, that was part of the "Province of Guyenne and Gascony" prior to the French Revolution, where this eminent family held a family seat since ancient times. The Château de Terraube was built around 1272 for the de Galard family, Merovingian dukes of Gascony and the family has held the castle since. The family arms can still be seen throughout the castle including the chimney.
Some of the family held the position of Bishop of Condom including: Raymond de Galard (1317-1340); and Pierre de Galard (1340-1369.)
Early History of the Gallodet family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Gallodet research. Another 356 words (25 lines of text) covering the years 1062, 1235, 1238, 1248, 1302, 1304, 1311, 1317, 1340, 1369, 1683, 1783, 1811, 1825, 1868, 1873, and 1883 are included under the topic Early Gallodet History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Gallodet Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Galard, Galarde, Gallard, Gallart, Gallarte, Gallarde, Galart, Gallardt, Le Galard, La Galarde, Le Galart, La Gallarde, La Gallarte, Le Gallart, Le Gallardt, De Gallarte, De Gallardt, De Galard, De Galarde, De Gallard, De Gallarde, De Galart, De Gallart, Des Gallardes, Des Galards, Des Galardes, Des Galarts, Gallaud, Galaud, Gallaudet, Galaudet, Gallod, Galod, Gallodet and many more.
Early Notables of the Gallodet family (pre 1700)
Another 35 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Gallodet Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Gallodet family
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: William Gallard, who settled in Virginia in 1643; John Gallard, who settled in Philadelphia in 1716; Pierre Elisee Gallaudet, who arrived in New York in 1724.
Related Stories +