on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Origins Available: French, German, Italian, Scottish
Where did the French Gall family come from? What is the French Gall family crest and coat of arms? When did the Gall family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Gall family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Gaal, Gaalon, Gal, Galag, Galama, Gabo, Galen, Gael, GaŽl, Gall and many more.
First found in Normandy (French: Normandie), the former Duchy of Normandy, where the family has been a prominent family for centuries, and held a family seat with lands and manor. The family were well established in the region of Calvados and several members of the family distinguished themselves through their contributions toward the community in which they lived and were rewarded with lands, titles and letters patent confirming their nobility.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Gall research. Another 159 words(11 lines of text) covering the years 1670, 1680, 1702, 1803, 1813, and 1818 are included under the topic Early Gall History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Gall Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Gall Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Edwd Gall, who arrived in Virginia in 1715
- Rosina Gall, who arrived in New York, NY in 1749
- Johan Freiderich Gall, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1749
- H Christoph Gall, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1753
- Christopher Gall who settled in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1753
Gall Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Thomas Gall settled in New York State with his family in 1820
- Ludwig Gall, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1820
- John Gall, who arrived in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1838
- Alois Dominie Gall, who immigrated to Pittsburgh in 1843
- William Gall, who arrived in Maryland in 1844
Gall Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Peter Gall, who landed in America in 1900
- Julianna Gall, aged 60, arrived in America in 1900
- Louisa Gall, aged 19, landed in America in 1900
- Christine Gall, aged 4, landed in America in 1900
- Edward Gall, aged 2, landed in America in 1900
Gall Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- John Gall arrived in Adelaide, Australia aboard the ship "Indus" in 1839
- James Gall arrived in Adelaide, Australia aboard the ship "Louisa Baillie" in 1849
- Georgiana Gall arrived in Adelaide, Australia aboard the ship "Pakenham" in 1849
- Charles Gall arrived in Adelaide, Australia aboard the ship "Ramillies" in 1849
- David Gall arrived in Adelaide, Australia aboard the ship "William Stevenson" in 1850
Gall Settlers in New Zealand in the 19th Century
- John Gall, aged 25, a shepherd, arrived in Auckland, New Zealand aboard the ship "Helenslee" in 1864
- Euphemia Gall, aged 33, arrived in Auckland, New Zealand aboard the ship "Helenslee" in 1864
- James Gall, aged 12, arrived in Auckland, New Zealand aboard the ship "Helenslee" in 1864
- Janet Gall, aged 10, arrived in Auckland, New Zealand aboard the ship "Helenslee" in 1864
- Grace Gall, aged 4, arrived in Auckland, New Zealand aboard the ship "Helenslee" in 1864
- Joseph Grafton Gall (b. 1928), American Professor of Biology, Connecticut
- John Gall, American author and retired pediatrician
- France Gall (b. 1947), French singer
- Franz Joseph Gall (1758-1828), German neuroanatomist, physiologist
- James Gall (1808-1895), Scottish clergyman
- Kevin Gall (b. 1982), Welsh footballer
- Sandy Gall (b. 1927), British journalist and newscaster
- Yvonne Gall (1885-1972), operatic soprano
- Genealogy, Gall and Nothstine Families, 1730-1964 by Agnes Nothstine.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- De Ville, Winston. Gulf Coast Colonials, A Compendium of French Families in Early Eighteenth Century Louisiana. Baltimore, MD: Clearfield, 1999. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Conrad, Glenn R. The First Families of Louisiana. Baton Rouge LA: Claitor's Publishing, 1970. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Vaillancourt, Emile. La Conquete du Canada par les Normands. Biographie de la premiere generation Normande du Canada. Montreal: G. Ducharme, 1930. Print.
The Gall Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Gall Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 17 March 2015 at 19:36.
on orders of $85 or more