on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
The surname Fortwengler was first found in Germany
, where the name came from humble beginnings but gained a significant reputation for its contribution to the emerging mediaeval society. It later became more prominent as numerous branches of the same house acquired distant estates, some of which were located in other countries. Through the acquisition of these estates as well as their important contributions to society, the family successfully elevated their social status.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Furtwanger, Furtwangler, Fortwangler, Fortwengler, Furttenburg and many more.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Fortwengler research. Another 165 words (12 lines of text) covering the years 1591 and 1667 are included under the topic Early Fortwengler History in all our PDF Extended History products
Another 23 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Fortwengler Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Fortwengler Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Andrew Fortwengler, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1840
- Joseph Fortwengler, who settled in New Orleans in 1867
- Benjamin Fortwengler, who arrived in Illinois in 1880
- William Fortwengler, who came to Arkansas in 1882
- William Fortwengler, who arrived in Arkansas in 1882
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Hildenbrand, A.M. Wappenfibel. Handbuch der Heraldik. Neustadt an der Aisch: 1970. Print.
- Kapff, Rudolf. Schwäbische Geschlechtsnamen. Stuttgart: Verlag Silberburg, 1927. Print.
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Strassburger, Ralph B. German Pioneers The Original Lists of Arrivals in the Port of Philadelphia 3 Volumes. Baltimore: Picton Press, 1992. Print. (ISBN 978-0929539980).
- Steed, Henry Wickham . The Hapsburg Monarchy. London: Constable and Company, 1919. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Gritzner, M. Handbuch der heraldischen Terminologie in zwölf Zungen. Nürnberg: 1890. Print.
- Göbel, Otto. Niederdeutsche Familiennamen der Gegenwart Wolfshagen-Schäbentz. Franz: Westphal, 1936. Print.
The Fortwengler Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Fortwengler Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 22 October 2012 at 19:33.
on orders of $85 or more