Ximénez History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The mountainous borders of Spain contain the origins of the prestigious surname Ximénez. The earliest forms of hereditary surnames in Spain were the patronymic surnames, which are derived from the father's given name, and metronymic surnames, which are derived from the mother's given name. Spanish patronymic names emerged as early as the mid-9th century and the most common patronymic suffix is "ez."
Early Origins of the Ximénez family
The surname Ximénez was first found in Old Castile, where the name originated in Visigothic times.
Important Dates for the Ximénez family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Ximénez research. Another 86 words (6 lines of text) covering the years 1101, 1246, 1170, 1247, 1355, 1435, 1390, 1423, 1436, 1517, 1462, 1505, 1499, 1510, 1533, 1568, 1569, 1666, 1729, 1601 and 1672 are included under the topic Early Ximénez History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Ximénez Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Jiménez, Jimenez, Giménez, Gimenez, Siménez, Simenez, Geméniz, Gemeniz, Jeméniz, Jemeniz, Ximénez, Ximenez, Gímez, Gimez, Jimeno and many more.
Early Notables of the Ximénez family (pre 1700)
Notable bearers of the family name Ximénez Garci Jiménez, a nobleman living in Toledo in 1101; noblemen Iñigo Ximénez de Lanclares and Martín Ximénez de Alava, witnesses to a document dated 1246; Rodrigo Jiménez de Rada (1170-1247), chronicler and historian to the Royal Court of Navarre; Pedro Jiménez de Segura, Ambassador of King James the Conqueror to the court of Granada in the late 13th century; Juan Ximénez (or Jiménez) Cerdán (c. 1355-1435), a fiscal and constitutional lawyer and legal theorist who served as the Justicia Mayor of the Kingdom of Aragon from 1390 until 1423; Cardinal Francisco Jiménez de Cisneros...
Another 128 words (9 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Ximénez Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Ximénez migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Ximénez Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Josefa Ximenez, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1802 
- Gervasio Ximenez, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1803 
- Jose Ximenez, who landed in New Orleans, La in 1829 
- F Ximenez, aged 30, who arrived in New Orleans, La in 1830 
- Cristobal Ximenez, who arrived in Veragua in 1835 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Ximénez (post 1700)
- Miguel "El Chino" Ximénez Acosta (b. 1977), Uruguayan football striker
- Miguel Alberto Flangini Ximénez (1824-1900), Uruguayan politician, President of Uruguay in 1882
- Mariana Diaz Ximenez (b. 1983), East Timorese marathon runner
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)