Vézina History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Vézina family
The surname Vézina was first found in Poitou, a part of Aquitane, where the family has been a prominent family for centuries, and held a family seat with lands and manor. The family were well established in the region of the Vienne and several members of the family distinguished themselves through their contributions toward the community in which they lived and were rewarded with lands, titles and letters patent confirming their nobility.
Early History of the Vézina family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Vézina research. Another 111 words (8 lines of text) covering the year 1687 is included under the topic Early Vézina History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Vézina Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Vézina, Vesins, Vésina, Vesins, Vezin, Vezins, Vézinat, Vésinat, Vézinas and many more.
Early Notables of the Vézina family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Vézina Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Vézina World Ranking
In the United States, the name Vézina is the 15,024th most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name.  However, in Canada, the name Vézina is ranked the 457th most popular surname with an estimated 10,494 people with that name.  And in Quebec, Canada, the name Vézina is the 155th popular surname. 
Vézina migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Vézina Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Isidore Vezina, who arrived in America in 1881
Contemporary Notables of the name Vézina (post 1700) +
- Frédérique Vézina (b. 1977), Canadian operatic soprano
- Antoine Vézina, Canadian Québécois actor
- Pierre Vézina (1772-1852), Canadian lawyer and politician in Lower Canada, MLA, District of Trois-Rivières (1816-1820)
- François-Joseph Vézina (1849-1924), Canadian conductor, composer, organist and music professor
- Hon. Monique Vézina PC (b. 1935), former Canadian politician, Member of Parliament for Rimouski-Témiscouata (1984-1993), Minister of Supply and Services (1986-1987)
- Georges Vezina (1887-1926), Canadian NHL hockey goaltender with the Montreal Canadiens, eponym of the NHL award for best goaltender-the Vezina Trophy
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ https://forebears.io/surnames/
- ^ https://statistique.quebec.ca/fr/document/noms-de-famille-au-quebec/tableau/les-1-000-premiers-noms-de-famille-selon-le-rang-quebec