Early Origins of the Piché family
The surname Piché was first found in Normandy
(French: Normandie), the former Duchy of Normandy
, where the family was established in Puchay, a parish in the department of Eure, in the district of Andélys.
Early History of the Piché family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Piché research.Another 173 words (12 lines of text) covering the years 1603, 1696, 1701, 1749, and 1794 are included under the topic Early Piché History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Piché Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Piché, Pichet, Picher, Pichez, Pichey, Pichel, Pichelin, Picherel, Picherot, Pichoir, Pichois, Pichon, Pichonneau, Pichot, Pichoud and many more.
Early Notables of the Piché family (pre 1700)
Another 44 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Piché Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Piché family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Jean Pichet, originally of Poitiers, who settled in Ile d'Orléans, where he married Madeleine Leblanc around 1666; Aime Pichon, who arrived in Louisiana in 1719.
Contemporary Notables of the name Piché (post 1700)
- Louis Piche, American Democrat politician, Alternate Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Montana, 1956
- Sébastien Piché (b. 1988), Canadian professional ice hockey player
- Ronald Jacques Piché (1935-2011), Canadian former Major League Baseball player who played from 1960 to 1966
- Robert Piché (b. 1952), Canadian pilot who on August 24, 2001 captained the Airbus A330 flying Air Transat Flight 236 to a safe landing in the Azores after it lost all power due to fuel exhaustion
- Paul Piché (b. 1953), Canadian singer-songwriter, environmentalist, political activist
- Camille Piché KC (1865-1909), Canadian lawyer and politician, Member of the Canadian Parliament for St. Mary (1904-1906)
- Alphonse Piché (1917-1998), French Canadian poet from Saguenay, Quebec