on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Origins Available: English
The surname Levett was first found in Buckinghamshire
, where they held a family seat
from very early times and were granted lands by Duke William of Normandy
, their liege Lord, for their distinguished assistance at the Battle of Hastings in 1066 A.D.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Lovatt, Lovat, Lovet, Lovett, Lovit, Lovitt and others.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Levett research. Another 354 words (25 lines of text) covering the years 1500 and 1897 are included under the topic Early Levett History in all our PDF Extended History products
Another 20 words (1 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Levett Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
Some of the Levett family moved to Ireland
, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt. Another 59 words (4 lines of text) about their life in Ireland
is included in all our PDF Extended History products
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Levett Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- Sarah Levett arrived in Kangaroo Island aboard the ship "Hartley" in 1837
- James Levett arrived in Adelaide, Australia aboard the ship "Buckinghamshire" in 1839
- Leonard Levett arrived in Adelaide, Australia aboard the ship "Buckinghamshire" in 1839
- Ruth Levett arrived in Adelaide, Australia aboard the ship "Buckinghamshire" in 1839
- Elizabeth Levett arrived in Adelaide, Australia aboard the ship "Buckinghamshire" in 1839
- Mr. George Alfred Levett (d. 1912), aged 21, English Assistant Pantry man from Southampton, Hampshire who worked aboard the RMS Titanic and died in the sinking
- Berkeley John Talbot Levett CVO (1863-1941), Major in the Scots Guards, Gentleman Usher for the Royal family
- Robin Levett (1925-2008), Australian travel writer, novelist and philanthropist
- Thomas Levett (d. 1843), rector of Whittington, Staffordshire
- William Howard Vincent "Hopper" Levett (1908-1995), English cricketer
- Colonel Theophilus John Levett (1829-1899), British Conservative Party politician
- John Levett (1721-1799), English landowner and investor
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Leyburn, James Graham. The Scotch-Irish A Social History. Chapel Hill: UNC Press, 1962. Print. (ISBN 0807842591).
- Moncrieffe, Sir Ian of That Ilk and David Hicks. The Highland Clans The Dynastic Origins, Cheifs and Background of the Clans. New York: C.N. Potter, 1968. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Martine, Roddy, Roderick Martine and Don Pottinger. Scottish Clan and Family Names Their Arms, Origins and Tartans. Edinburgh: Mainstream, 1992. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Urquhart, Blair Edition. Tartans The New Compact Study Guide and Identifier. Secauccus, NJ: Chartwell Books, 1994. Print. (ISBN 0-7858-0050-6).
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Scotch Irish Pioneers In Ulster and America. Montana: Kessinger Publishing. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Catholic Directory For Scotland. Glasgow: Burns Publications. Print.
The Levett Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Levett Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 19 February 2014 at 14:50.
on orders of $85 or more