on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Origins Available: English, Scottish
Where did the Scottish Levett family come from? What is the Scottish Levett family crest and coat of arms? When did the Levett family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Levett family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Lovatt, Lovat, Lovet, Lovett, Lovit, Lovitt and others.
First found in Buckinghamshire, where they held a family seat from very early times and were granted lands by Duke William of Normandy, their liege Lord, for their distinguished assistance at the Battle of Hastings in 1066 A.D.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Levett research. Another 354 words(25 lines of text) covering the years 1500 and 1897 are included under the topic Early Levett History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 20 words(1 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Levett Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the Levett family moved to Ireland, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt. Another 59 words(4 lines of text) about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Levett Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- Sarah Levett arrived in Kangaroo Island aboard the ship "Hartley" in 1837
- James Levett arrived in Adelaide, Australia aboard the ship "Buckinghamshire" in 1839
- Leonard Levett arrived in Adelaide, Australia aboard the ship "Buckinghamshire" in 1839
- Ruth Levett arrived in Adelaide, Australia aboard the ship "Buckinghamshire" in 1839
- Elizabeth Levett arrived in Adelaide, Australia aboard the ship "Buckinghamshire" in 1839
- John Levett (1721-1799), English landowner and investor
- Colonel Theophilus John Levett (1829-1899), British Conservative Party politician
- William Howard Vincent "Hopper" Levett (1908-1995), English cricketer
- Thomas Levett (d. 1843), rector of Whittington, Staffordshire
- Robin Levett (1925-2008), Australian travel writer, novelist and philanthropist
- Berkeley John Talbot Levett CVO (1863-1941), Major in the Scots Guards, Gentleman Usher for the Royal family
- Mr. George Alfred Levett (d. 1912), aged 21, English Assistant Pantry man from Southampton, Hampshire who worked aboard the RMS Titanic and died in the sinking
- Adam, Frank. Clans Septs and Regiments of the Scottish Highlands 8th Edition. London: Bacon (G.W.) & Co, 1970. Print. (ISBN 10-0717945006).
- Prebble, John. The Highland Clearances. London: Secker & Warburg, 1963. Print.
- Catholic Directory For Scotland. Glasgow: Burns Publications. Print.
- Moncrieffe, Sir Ian of That Ilk and David Hicks. The Highland Clans The Dynastic Origins, Cheifs and Background of the Clans. New York: C.N. Potter, 1968. Print.
- Bowman, George Ernest. The Mayflower Reader A Selection of Articales from The Mayflower Descendent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Innes, Thomas and Learney. Scots Heraldry A Practical Handbook on the Historical Principles and Mordern Application of the Art and Science. London: Oliver and Boyd, 1934. Print.
- The Norman People and Their Existing Descendants in the British Dominions and the United States Of America. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1975. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-0636-X).
- Innes, Thomas and Learney. Socts Heraldry A Practical Handbook on the Historical Principles and Modern Application of the Art of Science. London: Oliver and Boyd, 1934. Print.
- Leeson, Francis L. Dictionary of British Peerages. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1986. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-1121-5).
- Scarlett, James D. Tartan The Highland Textile. London: Shepheard-Walwyn, 1990. Print. (ISBN 0-85683-120-4).
The Levett Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Levett Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 19 February 2014 at 14:50.
on orders of $85 or more