Köhner History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
A multitude of prestigious family names, such as the surname Köhner, were formed in the lands which became the modern German state of Prussia, known for its beauty, industry and military power. The name originated as a short form of the personal name Konrad, an Old German emperor's name.
Early Origins of the Köhner family
The surname Köhner was first found in West Prussia, where the family emerged in mediaeval times as one of the notable families of the region. From the 13th century the surname was identified with the great social and economic evolution which made this territory a landmark contributor to the development of the nation. The name originated as a short form of Konrad, an Old German emperor's name.
Early History of the Köhner family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Köhner research. Another 189 words (14 lines of text) covering the years 1554, 1806, 1837, 1842, and 1869 are included under the topic Early Köhner History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Köhner Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Cohen, Cohn, Coehn, Coen, Kohen, Kohn, Koehn, Koehne, Cone, Kone, Koehnle, Coehnle, Coen, Koen, Coene, Koene, Coener, Koener, Coehner and many more.
Early Notables of the Köhner family (pre 1700)
Notable figures of the period with the name Köhner were members of the Koehn von Jaski family, who distinguished themselves in politics and military services. One Koehn von Jaski, the Lord of Wittichwalde, became the director of regional affairs (Landes-Director) and regional advisor for the district of Mohrungen in 1806, while...
Another 50 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Köhner Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
| Köhner migration to the United States ||+|
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Köhner Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Benedict Kohner, who arrived in New York, NY in 1710-1714 
Köhner Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Georg Kohner, aged 43, who landed in New York, NY in 1847 
- Johann Kohner, aged 17, who landed in New York, NY in 1847 
- Margret Kohner, aged 47, who arrived in New York, NY in 1847 
- Michael Kohner, aged 13, who landed in New York, NY in 1847 
- Adam Kohner, aged 23, who landed in New York, NY in 1847 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
|Contemporary Notables of the name Köhner (post 1700) ||+|
- Susan Kohner (b. 1939), American Academy Award nominated actress, known for Imitation of Life (1959), Freud (1962) and The Gene Krupa Story (1959)
- Pancho Kohner (b. 1939), American Daytime Emmy Award winning producer, known for Madeline (1998), Death Wish 4: The Crackdown (1987) and 10 to Midnight (1983) and his work with Charles Bronson
- Frederick Kohner (1905-1986), Austrian-born, American Academy Award nominated novelist and screen writer, known for Gidget (1959), Hollywood Story (1951) and Utopia (1951)
- Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)