Käpler History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The name Käpler, which is a local surname, reveals that the original bearer of the name once lived, held land, or was born in the beautiful region of Bohemia, which is now part of Czechoslovakia.The name Bohemia comes from the tribe of the Boii, who were settled in this ancient territory. In the 10th century, the ruling Bohemian dukes became Reichsfuersten, or Princes of the German Empire. In 1198, they were crowned Kings of Bohemia and they became subjects and Electors of the Kaiser. In the early 14th century, Prague became the capital of the Empire.
Early Origins of the Käpler family
The surname Käpler was first found in Bohemia, where the name was an integral part of the feudal society which would shape modern European history. Individual bearers of the name first mentioned in ancient chronicles include Henrich Keppler (c.1365) and Hensel Kepel (c.1382,) both of Prague.
Early History of the Käpler family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Käpler research. Another 189 words (14 lines of text) covering the years 1579, 1718, 1733, 1571 and 1630 are included under the topic Early Käpler History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Käpler Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Keppler, Kepler, Kaeppler, Kaepler, Kaeppel, Keppel, Kepel, Kepele, Keppner and many more.
Early Notables of the Käpler family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Käpler Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Käpler migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Käpler Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- G M Kapler, aged 38, who arrived in Baltimore, Maryland in 1847 
- Peter Kapler, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1852 
Contemporary Notables of the name Käpler (post 1700) +
- Bruce Kapler (b. 1953), American musician, former member of the CBS Orchestra on Late Show with David Letterman
- Gabriel Stefan Kapler (b. 1975), American former Major League Baseball player, current Manager of the Philadelphia Phillies
- Konrad Kapler (1925-1991), Polish footballer who played from 1947 to 1959
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)