on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Origins Available: French, Scottish
Where did the Scottish Crozier family come from? What is the Scottish Crozier family crest and coat of arms? When did the Crozier family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Crozier family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Crozier, Crosier, Croyser, Crosar, Crozer and others.
First found in Liddesdale, where they held a family seat from very ancient times, some say well before the Norman Conquest and the arrival of Duke William at Hastings in 1066 A.D.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Crozier research. Another 182 words(13 lines of text) covering the year 1587 is included under the topic Early Crozier History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Crozier Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the Crozier family moved to Ireland, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt. Another 261 words(19 lines of text) about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Crozier Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- William Crozier, who landed in Virginia in 1636
Crozier Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Win Crozier, aged 26, landed in New York, NY in 1803
- Wm Crozier, who arrived in America in 1805
- Livy Crozier, who arrived in America in 1805
- Agnes Crozier arrived in New England in 1805
- Agnes Crozier, who arrived in America in 1805
Crozier Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- John Crozier, aged 44, a labourer, arrived in South Australia in 1855 aboard the ship "Telegraph"
- John Crozier, aged 20, a labourer, arrived in South Australia in 1856 aboard the ship "Amazon"
Crozier Settlers in New Zealand in the 19th Century
- George Crozier arrived in Wellington, New Zealand aboard the ship "Queen of the Avon" in 1859
- William Crozier (1855-1942), American artillerist and inventor
- John Hervey Crozier (1812-1889), American attorney and politician, Member of the U.S. House of Representatives from Tennessee (1845-1849)
- Dorian Crozier (b. 1972), American drummer, mixer and producer
- Adam Crozier (b. 1964), Scottish businessman, current Chief Executive Officer of media company ITV plc
- Douglas James Smyth Crozier, Educational Adviser for the Ministry of Overseas Development, Hong Kong
- Eric Crozier (1914-1994), British theatrical director and opera librettist
- Francis Rawdon Moira Crozier (1796-1848), Irish-born, British naval officer, explorer of the Arctic and Antarctic, eponym of the lunar crater so named and Crozier Island, Greenland
- Roger Allan Crozier (1942-1996), Canadian NHL hockey goaltender, eponym of the Roger Crozier Saving Grace Award
- Lorna Crozier (b. 1948), Canadian poet
- Michel Crozier (1922-2013), French sociologist
- Skordas, Guest. Ed. The Early Settlers of Maryland an Index to Names or Immigrants Complied from Records of Land Patents 1633-1680 in the Hall of Records Annapolis, Maryland. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1968. Print.
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
- Bell, Robert. The Book of Ulster Surnames. Belfast: Blackstaff, 1988. Print. (ISBN 10-0856404160).
- Moncrieffe, Sir Ian of That Ilk and David Hicks. The Highland Clans The Dynastic Origins, Cheifs and Background of the Clans. New York: C.N. Potter, 1968. Print.
- Innes, Thomas and Learney. Socts Heraldry A Practical Handbook on the Historical Principles and Modern Application of the Art of Science. London: Oliver and Boyd, 1934. Print.
- Le Patourel, John. The Norman Empire. New York: Oxford University Press, 1976. Print. (ISBN 0-19-822525-3).
- Moody David. Scottish Family History. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1994. Print. (ISBN 0806312688).
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Moncrieffe, Sir Ian of That Ilk and Don Pottinger. Clan Map Scotland of Old. Edinburgh: Bartholomew and Son, 1983. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Scotch Irish Pioneers In Ulster and America. Montana: Kessinger Publishing. Print.
The Crozier Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Crozier Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 19 November 2014 at 16:07.
on orders of $85 or more