on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Origins Available: French, Scottish
Where did the Scottish Crozier family come from? What is the Scottish Crozier family crest and coat of arms? When did the Crozier family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Crozier family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Crozier, Crosier, Croyser, Crosar, Crozer and others.
First found in Liddesdale, where they held a family seat from very ancient times, some say well before the Norman Conquest and the arrival of Duke William at Hastings in 1066 A.D.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Crozier research. Another 182 words (13 lines of text) covering the year 1587 is included under the topic Early Crozier History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Crozier Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the Crozier family moved to Ireland, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt. Another 261 words (19 lines of text) about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Crozier Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- William Crozier, who landed in Virginia in 1636
Crozier Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Win Crozier, aged 26, landed in New York, NY in 1803
- Wm Crozier, who arrived in America in 1805
- Livy Crozier, who arrived in America in 1805
- Agnes Crozier arrived in New England in 1805
- Agnes Crozier, who arrived in America in 1805
Crozier Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- John Crozier, aged 44, a labourer, arrived in South Australia in 1855 aboard the ship "Telegraph"
- John Crozier, aged 20, a labourer, arrived in South Australia in 1856 aboard the ship "Amazon"
Crozier Settlers in New Zealand in the 19th Century
- George Crozier arrived in Wellington, New Zealand aboard the ship "Queen of the Avon" in 1859
- Dorian Crozier (b. 1972), American drummer, mixer and producer
- John Hervey Crozier (1812-1889), American attorney and politician, Member of the U.S. House of Representatives from Tennessee (1845-1849)
- William Crozier (1855-1942), American artillerist and inventor
- John Hervey Crozier (1812-1889), American politician, Member of Tennessee State Legislature; U.S. Representative from Tennessee 3rd District, 1845-49
- John Crozier, American politician, Postmaster at Knoxville, Tennessee, 1797-1838
- H. E. Crozier, American politician, Mayor of Hawthorne, California, 1952-53
- George W. Crozier, American politician, Circuit Judge in Iowa 6th District, 1885-86
- George H. Crozier, American politician, Prohibition Candidate for Presidential Elector for New York, 1920
- Douglas G. Crozier, American politician, U.S. Attorney for Hawaii, 1943-45
- C. R. Crozier, American Republican politician, Alternate Delegate to Republican National Convention from Michigan, 1948
- Chadwick, Nora Kershaw and J.X.W.P Corcoran. The Celts. London: Penguin, 1970. Print. (ISBN 0140212116).
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- The Norman People and Their Existing Descendants in the British Dominions and the United States Of America. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1975. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-0636-X).
- Barrow, G.W.S Ed. The Charters of David I The Written Acts of David I King of Scots, 1124-53 and of His Son Henry, Earl of Northumerland, 1139-52. Woodbridge: The Boydell Press, 1999. Print.
- Scots Kith and Kin And Illustrated Map Revised 2nd Edition. Edinburgh: Clan House/Albyn. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Leyburn, James Graham. The Scotch-Irish A Social History. Chapel Hill: UNC Press, 1962. Print. (ISBN 0807842591).
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Peerage and Baronetage, The Privy Council, Knightage and Compainonage. London: Burke Publishing, 1921. Print.
- Papworth, J.W and A.W Morant. Ordinary of British Armorials. London: T.Richards, 1874. Print.
The Crozier Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Crozier Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 2 November 2015 at 11:12.
on orders of $85 or more