100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Origins Available: French
The surname Crozier was first found in Liddesdale
, where they held a family seat
from very ancient times, some say well before the Norman Conquest
and the arrival of Duke William at Hastings in 1066 A.D.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Crozier, Crosier, Croyser, Crosar, Crozer and others.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Crozier research. Another 182 words (13 lines of text) covering the year 1587 is included under the topic Early Crozier History in all our PDF Extended History products
More information is included under the topic Early Crozier Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
Some of the Crozier family moved to Ireland
, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt. Another 261 words (19 lines of text) about their life in Ireland
is included in all our PDF Extended History products
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Crozier Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- William Crozier, who landed in Virginia in 1636
Crozier Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Win Crozier, aged 26, landed in New York, NY in 1803
- Wm Crozier, who arrived in America in 1805
- Livy Crozier, who arrived in America in 1805
- Agnes Crozier arrived in New England in 1805
- Agnes Crozier, who arrived in America in 1805
Crozier Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- John Crozier, aged 44, a labourer, arrived in South Australia in 1855 aboard the ship "Telegraph"
- John Crozier, aged 20, a labourer, arrived in South Australia in 1856 aboard the ship "Amazon"
Crozier Settlers in New Zealand in the 19th Century
- George Crozier arrived in Wellington, New Zealand aboard the ship "Queen of the Avon" in 1859
- Dorian Crozier (b. 1972), American drummer, mixer and producer
- John Hervey Crozier (1812-1889), American attorney and politician, Member of the U.S. House of Representatives from Tennessee (1845-1849)
- William Crozier (1855-1942), American artillerist and inventor
- John Hervey Crozier (1812-1889), American politician, Member of Tennessee State Legislature; U.S. Representative from Tennessee 3rd District, 1845-49
- John Crozier, American politician, Postmaster at Knoxville, Tennessee, 1797-1838
- H. E. Crozier, American politician, Mayor of Hawthorne, California, 1952-53
- George W. Crozier, American politician, Circuit Judge in Iowa 6th District, 1885-86
- George H. Crozier, American politician, Prohibition Candidate for Presidential Elector for New York, 1920
- Douglas G. Crozier, American politician, U.S. Attorney for Hawaii, 1943-45
- C. R. Crozier, American Republican politician, Alternate Delegate to Republican National Convention from Michigan, 1948
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Scarlett, James D. Tartan The Highland Textile. London: Shepheard-Walwyn, 1990. Print. (ISBN 0-85683-120-4).
- Bowman, George Ernest. The Mayflower Reader A Selection of Articales from The Mayflower Descendent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Barrow, G.W.S Ed. Acts of Malcom IV 1153-65 Volume I Regesta Regum Scottorum 1153-1424. Edinburgh: Edinburgh University Press, 1960. Print.
- Burke, John Bernard Ed. The Roll of Battle Abbey. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Moody David. Scottish Family History. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1994. Print. (ISBN 0806312688).
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Prebble, John. The Highland Clearances. London: Secker & Warburg, 1963. Print.
The Crozier Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Crozier Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 25 March 2016 at 02:05.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- no headaches!