Brückmann History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Brückmann family
The surname Brückmann was first found in Hessen, where the name was closely identified in early mediaeval times with the feudal society which would become prominent throughout European history. The name would later emerge as a noble family with great influence, having many distinguished branches, and become noted for its involvement in social, economic and political affairs. Translated literally, the name means "bridge-man," and referred to the occupation of taking toll at bridges. The name was found most frequently in Frankfurt in the 12th and 13th centuries.
Early History of the Brückmann family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Brückmann research. Another 161 words (12 lines of text) covering the years 1818, 1819, 1480, 1521, 1473, 1583, 1654 and 1819 are included under the topic Early Brückmann History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Brückmann Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Bruckmann, Bruckman, Bruchmann, Bruchman, Brukmann, Brueckmann, Brueckman, Bruechmann, Bruekmann, Bruegmann (northern Germany), Brueggemann (Westphalia), Bruckmayr (Bavaria), Bruckmayer (Bavaria) and many more.
Early Notables of the Brückmann family (pre 1700)
Prominent figures of the time who bore the name Brückmann were Hans Brüggemann (ca. 1480-c. 1521), a German artist, best known for his large carved altarpiece in Schleswig Cathedral; John Brugman, O.F.M., (died 1473) a 15th-century Franciscan friar...
Another 37 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Brückmann Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Brückmann migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Brückmann Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Jaques Bruckmann, who arrived in Charles Town, South Carolina in 1782 
- Jakob Bruckmann, a German mercenary on record in North America in 1783
Brückmann Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Henry Bruckmann, who arrived in Philadelphia in 1836
- Jak Bruckmann, who landed in America in 1854 
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)