Bödeker History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Bödeker family
The surname Bödeker was first found in Prussia, where the name Bodecker was closely identified in early mediaeval times with the feudal society of early Europe. The name would later emerge as a noble family with great influence, having many distinguished branches, and become noted for its involvement in social, economic and political affairs.
Early History of the Bödeker family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Bödeker research. Another 74 words (5 lines of text) covering the years 1594, 1384, 1459, 1607, 1683, 1642 and 1652 are included under the topic Early Bödeker History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Bödeker Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Bodecker, Boddecker, Bodeckker, Bodecher, Boddecher, Bodeker, Bodekker, Boddekker, Bodicker, Boddicker, Boedecker, Boeddecker, Boedeckker, Boedecher, Boeddecher, Boedeker, Boeddekker, Boedicker, Boeddicker, Budecker, Buedecker, Buddecker, Bueddecker, Budeckker, Buedeckker, Budecher, Buedecher, Buddecher, Bueddecker, Budeker, Buedeker, Buddekker, Buedekker, Budicker, Buedicker, Buddicker and many more.
Early Notables of the Bödeker family (pre 1700)
Prominent bearers of the family name Bödeker during this time period were Stephan Bodecker (1384-1459), 37th Bishop of Brandenburg. Son of a poor cooper from Rathenow, he rose to become one of the most important of the bishops of Brandenburg. He is buried in the Cathedral of Ss. Peter and Paul...
Another 51 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Bödeker Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Bödeker migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Bödeker Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Diederick William Bodeker who arrived in Baltimore, Maryland in 1739
- Diederick William Bodeker, who landed in Baltimore, Maryland in 1739 
- Arnold Bodeker, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1773 
- Arnold Bodeker, who settled in Philadelphia in 1773
Bödeker Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- John Bodeker, who settled in Philadelphia in 1864
Contemporary Notables of the name Bödeker (post 1700) +
- Ralf Bödeker (b. 1958), former German footballer
- Friedrich Bödeker (1867-1937), German botanist
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)