Bödecker History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Bödecker family
The surname Bödecker was first found in Prussia, where the name Bodecker was closely identified in early mediaeval times with the feudal society of early Europe. The name would later emerge as a noble family with great influence, having many distinguished branches, and become noted for its involvement in social, economic and political affairs.
Early History of the Bödecker family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Bödecker research. Another 74 words (5 lines of text) covering the years 1594, 1384, 1459, 1607, 1683, 1642 and 1652 are included under the topic Early Bödecker History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Bödecker Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Bodecker, Boddecker, Bodeckker, Bodecher, Boddecher, Bodeker, Bodekker, Boddekker, Bodicker, Boddicker, Boedecker, Boeddecker, Boedeckker, Boedecher, Boeddecher, Boedeker, Boeddekker, Boedicker, Boeddicker, Budecker, Buedecker, Buddecker, Bueddecker, Budeckker, Buedeckker, Budecher, Buedecher, Buddecher, Bueddecker, Budeker, Buedeker, Buddekker, Buedekker, Budicker, Buedicker, Buddicker and many more.
Early Notables of the Bödecker family (pre 1700)
Prominent bearers of the family name Bödecker during this time period were Stephan Bodecker (1384-1459), 37th Bishop of Brandenburg. Son of a poor cooper from Rathenow, he rose to become one of the most important of the bishops of Brandenburg. He is buried in the Cathedral of Ss. Peter and Paul...
Another 51 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Bödecker Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Bödecker migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Bödecker Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Johann Bodecker who was recorded as having arrived in America in 1783
- Johann Bodecker, who landed in America in 1783 
- Johann Friedr Bodecker, who landed in America in 1783 
Bödecker Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Anton Bodecker, accompanied by his wife Angela Roth, who arrived in Texas in 1846
- Friedrich Bodecker, who arrived in Missouri in 1848
- Aug Bodecker, age 23, settled in Texas in 1850
- Augustus Bodecker, age 23, settled in Texas in 1850
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)