There has been suggestion that the Eastarline surname arrived in Britain with the Danes, well before 1066. However, it seems that at least one line of Eastarline returned to Britain after 13th century crusades, deriving from Strattligen, Switzerland.
Early Origins of the Eastarline family
The surname Eastarline was first found in Warwickshire
. Early on, Sir Peter Stradling, who already held Neath Castle, Glamorgan, Wales
, married Joan de Hawey, heiress of St Donat's Castle. He also acquired estates in Somerset
. In some instances, the surname was Latinized Easter Lingus which was corrupted to Estarling. First on record appears to be sir John Stradling (circa 1230-1293).
Early History of the Eastarline family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Eastarline research.Another 213 words (15 lines of text) covering the years 1611, 1642, 1563, 1637, 1608, 1620, 1601, 1644, 1640, 1624, 1660, 1643, 1685, 1672, 1735, 1698, 1700, 1701, 1710, 1722, 1620, 1688 and 1672 are included under the topic Early Eastarline History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Eastarline Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Estarling, Esterling, Easterling, Eastarling and many more.
Early Notables of the Eastarline family (pre 1700)
Notable amongst the Clan
from early times was Sir John Stradling, 1st Baronet
(1563-1637), a British poet, scholar and politician, Sheriff of Glamorgan from 1608 to 1620; Sir Edward Stradling, 2nd Baronet
(1601-1644), a Welsh
politician, Member of Parliament for Glamorgan in 1640; Sir Edward Stradling, 3rd Baronet... Another 48 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Eastarline Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Eastarline family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Ann and David Stradling who settled in Virginia in 1663; as well as Fflorence and Solomon Stradling, who arrived in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1868..