on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the German Dorsch family come from? What is the German Dorsch family crest and coat of arms? When did the Dorsch family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Dorsch family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Dorsch, Dorsche, Dorsh, Dorshe, Dorst, Dosch, Dosche and many more.
First found in Bavaria, where the name was anciently associated with the tribal conflicts of the area. They declared allegiances to many nobles and princes of early history, lending their influence in struggles for power and status within the region. They branched into many houses, and their contributions were sought by many leaders in their search for power.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Dorsch research. Another 179 words(13 lines of text) covering the years 1731 and 1743 are included under the topic Early Dorsch History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Dorsch Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Dorsch Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Johann Friederich Dorsch, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1771
- Johann Georg Dorsch, who landed in America in 1781
- Christoph Dorsch, who landed in America in 1783
- Travis Dorsch (b. 1979), American NFL football placekicker and punter
- Käthe Dorsch (1890-1957), German actress
- Franz Xaver Dorsch (1899-1986), German civil engineer
- Klaus Dorsch (b. 1962), German professional footballer
- Neubecker, Ottfried. Wappen-Bilder-Lexikon der bürgerlichen Geschlechter Deutschlands, Oesterreichs und der Schweiz. Battenberg, München: 1985. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans (Edda Gentry trns). Dictionary of German Names . Madison, Wisconsin: Max Kade Institute, 2002. Print. (ISBN 0-924119-35-7).
- Bahlow, Hans. Abhandlungen zur Namenforschung und Buchgeschichte. 1980. Print. (ISBN 978-3768690522).
- Fogleman, Aaron Spencer. Journeys German Immigration, Settlement and Political Culture in Colonial America 1717-1775. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1986. Print. (ISBN 978-0812215489).
- Jones, Henry Z. Palatine Families of New York 2 Volumes. Rockland, ME: Picton Press, 2001. Print. (ISBN 978-0961388829).
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Schenk, Trudy. Wuerttemberg Emigration Index Volume I-VIII. Salt Lake City: Ancestry Inc., 1986. Print.
- Rupp, Daniel L. A Collection of Upwards of Thirty Thousand Names of German, Swiss, Dutch, French and Other Immigrants to Pennsylvania from 1727 to 1776. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 2000. Print. (ISBN 978-0806303024).
- Bahlow, Hans. Deutschlands geographische Namenwelt Etymologisches Lexikon der Fluss- und Ortsnamen alteuropaischer Herkunft. Frankfurt: Suhrkamp, 1985. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
The Dorsch Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Dorsch Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 16 April 2012 at 14:45.
on orders of $85 or more