100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- no headaches!
Di paola History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
The surname Di paola comes from the personal name
Paolo, the Italian equivalent of Paul. The popularity of this name was originally due to the fact that during the Christian era, people often named their children after saints and biblical figures.
Early Origins of the Di paola family
The surname Di paola was first found in the port city of Genoa. Early records list the physician Gherardo de Paolo, as "one of the 12 wisest men in Genoa in 1315."
Early History of the Di paola family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Di paola research.Another 47 words (3 lines of text) covering the years 1798, 1837, 1419, 1603, 1681, 1642 and 1720 are included under the topic Early Di paola History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Di paola Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Paoli, Paolo, Paola, Pauli, Poli, Polo, De Paoli, De Paolis, Paulich, Paolella, Paolillo, Paulillo, Pavolillo, Paoletti, Pauletti, Pauletto, Poletti, Poletto, Polet, Paolini, Paolin, Paolinelli, Paulini, Paulin, Polini, Pavolini, Paolucci, Paulucci, Polucci, Pauluzzi, Poluzzi, Paolicchi, Paolotti, Polotti, Polotto, Paolozzi, Paoloni, Paolone, Paulon, Poloni, Polon, Paolacci, Polacci, Paulazzi, Polazzi, Paolanti, Polato, Polesso, Paoleiri and many more.
Early Notables of the Di paola family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family was Paolo da Firenze (d. 1419), Italian composer, theorist, and monk, a member of the Camaldolese order; Aretino Paolo, a 16th century church musician, composer, and choirmaster of the Arezzo Cathedral; Pietro Paolini (1603-1681), an Italian painter of the Baroque period... Another 47 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Di paola Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Di paola family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Di paola Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Angela Di Paola, aged 52, who landed in America from Palenno, in 1897
- Accurseo Di Paola, aged 32, who landed in America from Sciana, Italy, in 1899
Di paola Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Anna Di Paola, aged 27, who emigrated to the United States from Sciacca, in 1900
- Amadio Di Paola, aged 30, who landed in America from Bassinciano, in 1902
- Alfia di Paola, aged 22, who emigrated to the United States from Agira, in 1903
- Anna Maria Di Paola, aged 33, who settled in America from S. Lorenzo Maggiono, in 1903
- Alfio Di Paola, aged 24, who settled in America from Calvanico, in 1905
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Di paola (post 1700)
- Andrew J. DiPaola (b. 1924), American Democrat politician, Mayor of Glen Cove, New York, 1968-71; Defeated, 1963 CITATION[CLOSE]
The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, January 25) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
- Damien Di Paola, American actor and producer, known for American Hustle (2013), Black Mass (2015) and Oxy-Morons (2010)
- James Vincent DiPaola (1953-2010), American police officer and politician, Sheriff of Middlesex County, Massachusetts (1996-2010), Member of the Massachusetts House of Representatives (1993-1996)
- Andrea Di Paola (b. 1970), Italian astronomer who has discovered a number of asteroids, eponym of the asteroid 27130 Dipaola
- Vicente Domingo Di Paola Cammarota (b. 1923), known as Vicente Di Paola, a retired Argentine professional footballer
- Riva Marie Di Paola (b. 1978), Canadian actress
- Admiral Giampaolo di Paola (b. 1944), Italian naval officer and politician, Minister of Defence (2011-2013), Chairman of the NATO Military Committee (2008-2011)
- Francesco di Paola Villadecani (1780-1861), cardinal of the Catholic Church, Archbishop of Messina (1823 to 1861)
Di paola Family Crest Products
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, January 25) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- no headaches!