Early Origins of the De vol family
The surname De vol was first found in Holland, where the name became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. The name was first recorded in South Holland, a province of Holland, the most crowded province of the Netherlands
. The principal cities are Rotterdam, Leyden and Shiedam. Noted is the famed castle of Teilengen where Jacqueline of Bavaria
is buried. In their later history the surname became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into this most influential family.
Early History of the De vol family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our De vol research.Another 294 words (21 lines of text) covering the years 1596, 1632, 1783, 1792, and 1809 are included under the topic Early De vol History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
De vol Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Val, Valär, Valat, Valle, Valée, Vel, Velle, Vol, Voll, Vollard, Fall, Falla, Falle and many more.
Early Notables of the De vol family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early De vol Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the De vol family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
De vol Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Elisha Devol, who settled in Mississippi in 1799
- Elisha Devol, who landed in Mississippi in 1799 CITATION[CLOSE]
Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
Contemporary Notables of the name De vol (post 1700)
- Luana DeVol (b. 1943), American operatic soprano
- Lawrence DeVol (1903-1936), American criminal, bank robber, prison escapee and outlaw
- George Charles Devol Jr. (1912-2011), American inventor who held over 40 patents, best known for his patent for Unimate, the first industrial robot in 1961
- Alexander Devol (b. 1984), British painter, freelance illustrator and designer from Lancashire