De robles History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The distinguished surname De robles is a proud sign of a rich and ancient ancestry. The original bearer of the name De robles, which is a local surname, once lived, held land, or was born in the beautiful region of Spain. In Spain, hereditary surnames were adopted according to fairly general rules and, during the late Middle Ages, names that were derived from localities became increasingly widespread. Local names originally denoted the proprietorship of the village or estate. The De robles family originally lived in the village named Robles, which was located in the judicial district of Murias in the province of Leon. This place-name was originally derived from the Spanish word robles, which means oak, and it indicates that the originally bearer of this name resided near oak trees.
Early Origins of the De robles family
The surname De robles was first found in Castile, in north central Spain.
Important Dates for the De robles family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our De robles research. Another 97 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1181, 1527, 1585 and 1857 are included under the topic Early De robles History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
De robles Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Robles, de Robles, Roble, Robleda, Robledo, de Robledo, Robledano, Robledillo, de Robledillo, Robreño, Robreno, Robreda, de Robreda, Robredo, de Robredo, Robredillo and many more.
Early Notables of the De robles family (pre 1700)
Notable bearers of the family name De robles were Caspar de Robles or Gaspard di Robles (1527-1585), also known as Billy in Artois, Stadholder of Friesland and Groningen at the beginning of the Eighty Years' War; sixteenth century Spanish theologian Juan Robles; Agustín de Robles, seventeenth century Governor of Río de...
Another 50 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early De robles Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
De robles migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
De robles Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Anton DeRobles, who arrived in Rio de la Plata in 1835 
- Martin DeRobles, who landed in Rio de la Plata in 1835 
- Pedro DeRobles, who landed in New Spain in 1836 
- Melchor DeRobles, who arrived in Dominican Republic in 1837 
- Garcia DeRobles, who arrived in Nombre de Dios, Panama in 1837 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)