De paola History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The surname De paola comes from the personal name Paolo, the Italian equivalent of Paul. The popularity of this name was originally due to the fact that during the Christian era, people often named their children after saints and biblical figures.
Early Origins of the De paola family
The surname De paola was first found in the port city of Genoa. Early records list the physician Gherardo de Paolo, as "one of the 12 wisest men in Genoa in 1315."
Early History of the De paola family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our De paola research. Another 24 words (2 lines of text) covering the years 1798, 1837, 1419, 1603, 1681, 1642 and 1720 are included under the topic Early De paola History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
De paola Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Paoli, Paolo, Paola, Pauli, Poli, Polo, De Paoli, De Paolis, Paulich, Paolella, Paolillo, Paulillo, Pavolillo, Paoletti, Pauletti, Pauletto, Poletti, Poletto, Polet, Paolini, Paolin, Paolinelli, Paulini, Paulin, Polini, Pavolini, Paolucci, Paulucci, Polucci, Pauluzzi, Poluzzi, Paolicchi, Paolotti, Polotti, Polotto, Paolozzi, Paoloni, Paolone, Paulon, Poloni, Polon, Paolacci, Polacci, Paulazzi, Polazzi, Paolanti, Polato, Polesso, Paoleiri and many more.
Early Notables of the De paola family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family was Paolo da Firenze (d. 1419), Italian composer, theorist, and monk, a member of the Camaldolese order; Aretino Paolo, a 16th century church musician, composer, and choirmaster of the Arezzo Cathedral; Pietro Paolini (1603-1681), an Italian painter of the Baroque period...
Another 47 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early De paola Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
De paola migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
De paola Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Antonio DePaola, aged 26, who immigrated to the United States, in 1897
De paola Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Bruno DePaola, aged 27, who landed in America from Torre di Ruggiero, Italy, in 1908
- Carmela DePaola, aged 17, who immigrated to America from Reccia, Italy, in 1910
- Giuseppe DePaola, aged 30, who settled in America from Barletta, Italy, in 1912
- Luigi DePaola, aged 21, who landed in America from S. Biase, Italy, in 1912
- Nicolino DePaola, aged 16, who settled in America from Monteleone, Italy, in 1913
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name De paola (post 1700) +
- Thomas Anthony "Tomie" dePaola (1934-2020), American writer and illustrator who created more than 260 children's books, recipient of the Children's Literature Legacy Award for his lifetime contribution to American children's literature in 2011
- Joseph N. DePaola, American Democratic Party politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Connecticut, 1944, 1948, 1952, 1956, 1960 
Related Stories +