De moss History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the De moss family
The surname De moss was first found in Burgundy (French: Bourgogne), an administrative and historical region of east-central France, where the family has held a family seat since ancient times.
Early History of the De moss family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our De moss research. Another 147 words (10 lines of text) covering the years 1389, 1394, 1401, 1539, 1542, 1605, 1520, 1529 and 1634 are included under the topic Early De moss History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
De moss Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Moisson, Moissonne, Moissone, Moissonnes, Moissones, Moisonne, Moisone, Moisonnes, Moisones, Moissan, Moissen, Moissanne, Moissenne, Moissane, Moissene, Moisan, Moissang, Moisang, de Moisson, de la Moisson, la Moisson, le Moisson, Lemoisson, Lamoissonne, Demoisson, Demoissonne, Mosson, Moise, Moises, Moisond, Moisonde, Moisont, Moisent, Moisen, Moisons, Moisanc, Moisand, Moissond, Moissond, Moissonde, Moissont, Moissent, Moissons, Moissanc and many more.
Early Notables of the De moss family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early De moss Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
De moss migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
De moss Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- George DeMoss, aged 29, who landed in America, in 1895
- Henry S. DeMoss, aged 35, who settled in America, in 1895
- James DeMoss, aged 58, who landed in America, in 1895
- Minnie DeMoss, aged 27, who immigrated to the United States, in 1895
De moss Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Mrs. I. M. deMoss, who settled in America, in 1908
- Earl Demoss, aged 24, who immigrated to the United States, in 1918
Contemporary Notables of the name De moss (post 1700) +
- Robert Alonzo "Bob" DeMoss (1927-2017), American football player, coach, and college athletics administrator
- Harold R. DeMoss Jr (b. 1930), American senior judge of the United States Court of Appeals
- Darcy DeMoss (b. 1963), American film and television actress
- Mickie Faye DeMoss (b. 1955), American college basketball coach and former player
- Elwood "Bingo" DeMoss (1889-1965), American baseball player and manager in the Negro Leagues (1905 to 1943)
- Walter DeMoss, American Democrat politician, Member of Louisiana State House of Representatives, 1950 
- Thurman DeMoss, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Indiana, 1972 
- John B. Demoss, American politician, Independent Candidate for Presidential Elector for Michigan, 1976 
- John A. DeMoss, American Democrat politician, Candidate in primary for Delegate to Michigan State Constitutional Convention from Wayne County 21st District, 1961 
- Hal DeMoss, American Republican politician, Alternate Delegate to Republican National Convention from Texas, 1988 
- ... (Another 1 notables are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Related Stories +