De jager History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the De jager family
The surname De jager was first found in Holland, where the name became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. The name was first recorded in Amsterdam, an ancient 13th century town held by the Lords of Amstel. Giesebrecht II built a castle there. Geisbrecht III built the dam to keep out the sea. It is first mentioned in charters of 1275 when Floris IV, the count of Holland granted its charter. It became a city of great mercantile wealth. It hold great treasures of art. In their later history the surname became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into a most influential family.
Early History of the De jager family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our De jager research. Another 107 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1678, 1843, and 1855 are included under the topic Early De jager History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
De jager Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Jager, Jäger, Jagger, Jagerr, Jagers, Jaager, Jägger and many more.
Early Notables of the De jager family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early De jager Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
De jager Ranking
In Netherlands, the name De jager is the 125th most popular surname with an estimated 8,589 people with that name.  However, in South Africa, the name De jager is ranked the 258th most popular surname with an estimated 26,311 people with that name. 
De jager migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
De jager Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Berend de Jager, aged 17, who immigrated to the United States from Amsterdam, Holland, in 1902
- Bontrial de Jager, aged 22, who landed in America from Balk, Holland, in 1908
- Antje de Jager, aged 25, who immigrated to America from Elst, Holland, in 1911
- Jacobus de Jager, aged 45, who settled in America from Amsterdam, Holland, in 1911
- Ben de Jager, aged 29, who landed in America from The Hague, Holland, in 1912
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Related Stories +
- ^ https://forebears.io/netherlands/surnames
- ^ https://forebears.io/south-africa/surnames