De clercq History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the De clercq family
The surname De clercq was first found in Holland, where the name became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. The name was first recorded in Amsterdam, an ancient 13th century town held by the Lords of Amstel. Giesebrecht II built a castle there. Geisbrecht III built the dam to keep out the sea. It is first mentioned in charters of 1275 when Floris IV, the count of Holland granted its charter. It became a city of great mercantile wealth. It hold great treasures of art. In their later history the surname became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into a most influential family.
Early History of the De clercq family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our De clercq research.Another 299 words (21 lines of text) covering the years 1717, 1745, and 1829 are included under the topic Early De clercq History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
De clercq Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Clercq, Clercqe, Clercqes, Clerrcq, Clerrcqe, Clerrcqs, Cleercq, Cleercqs, Clerceq, van Clerq, de Clerq, de Clercq and many more.
Early Notables of the De clercq family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early De clercq Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the De clercq family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
De clercq Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Jan Francis Declercq, who arrived in America in 1868
- Benoni Declercq, who arrived in America in 1880
De clercq Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- August Declercq, who arrived in Boston in 1906
- Charles DeClercq, who settled in Wisconsin in 1914
- Hector Declercq, who settled in Arkansas in 1918
- Victor DeClercq, who settled in Arkansas in 1918
De clercq Settlers in Canada in the 20th Century
- Auguste Declercq, who arrived in Canada in 1901
Contemporary Notables of the name De clercq (post 1700)
- Tamara "Tammy" Crow DeClercq (b. 1977), American bronze medalist former competitor and current coach in synchronized swimming
- Andrew Donald DeClercq (b. 1973), American retired professional basketball player and current coach
- Nico Felicien Declercq (b. 1975), Belgium-born, American physicist and mechanical engineer, Professor with the Georgia Institute of Technology
- Viscount De Clercq (1927-2011), born Willy Clarisse Elvire Hector, a Belgian liberal politician
- Sister Esther Declercq (1915-2011), Belgium Catholic Sister of the order of Saint Vincent de Paul
- Pierre Declercq (1938-1981), French-born politician from New Caledonia
De clercq Family Crest Products