The surname De cicco came from the personal name
Cicco, which is found in southern Italy and the Venetian region as a popular and affectionate form of the name Francesco.
Early Origins of the De cicco family
The surname De cicco was first found in Perugia (Latin: Perusia), the capital city of the region of Umbria in central Italy, crossed by the Tiber River, capital of the province of Perugia. Perusia took part in a rebellion in 295 B.C. and was reduced with the exceptions of the temples Vulcan and Juno. In the 9th century A.D. the city was a papal territory but remained true to the Guelphs. In the 15th century it was the center of the Baglioni family. It was visited by earthquakes in 1832,38 and 1854. It was united to Piedmont
in 1860 under the Kingdom of Italy. The city is rich in churches, museums and galleries. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the De cicco family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our De cicco research.Another 143 words (10 lines of text) covering the years 1053, 1700, and 1806 are included under the topic Early De cicco History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
De cicco Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Cicci, Cichi, Cicco, Cicchi, Ciccolo, Cicchitto, Cicchino, Cicchetto, Cicchello, D'Accico, Daccico and many more.
Early Notables of the De cicco family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early De cicco Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the De cicco family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
De cicco Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- E. DeCicco, aged 50, who landed in America, in 1892
- Egidio Decicco, aged 29, who emigrated to the United States, in 1896
- Guiseppe Decicco, who settled in Montana in 1899
De cicco Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Candiota DeCicco, aged 30, who emigrated to the United States from S. Gioryio, Italy, in 1907
- Crescenzo DeCicco, aged 18, who landed in America from Vitulano, Italy, in 1907
- Antonio DeCicco, aged 34, who emigrated to America from Sonngliano, Italy, in 1911
- Angela Muscchio Decicco, aged 6, who emigrated to the United States from S. Manro, Italy, in 1912
- Antonio DeCicco, aged 30, who emigrated to the United States from Melizzano, Italy, in 1912
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name De cicco (post 1700)
- Dom DeCicco (b. 1988), American NFL football linebacker for the Chicago Bears
- Elizabeth DeCicco, American actress, best known for her role as Dana Coleman on In Plain Sight
De cicco Family Crest Products