100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Origins Available: German, Scottish
Where did the German Danner family come from? What is the German Danner family crest and coat of arms? When did the Danner family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Danner family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Denner, Denne, Danne, Dane, Denn, Danner and others.
First found in Wuerttemberg, where the name was closely identified in early mediaeval times with the feudal society which would become prominent throughout European history. The name would later emerge as a noble family with great influence, having many distinguished branches, and become noted for its involvement in social, economic and political affairs.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Danner research. Another 119 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1655, 1707, 1681 and 1735 are included under the topic Early Danner History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 47 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Danner Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Danner Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Urban Danner, who landed in New York in 1709
- Michael Danner, who arrived in America in 1742
- Christoffer Danner, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1742
- Dieter Danner, who arrived in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1742
- Dietrich Danner, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1742
Danner Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Christian Danner, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1838
- Christe Danner, aged 20, arrived in New York in 1854
- Joel Buchanan Danner (1804-1885), American politician, Member of the U.S. House of Representatives from Pennsylvania (1850-1851)
- Richard A. Danner, American Archibald C. and Frances Fulk Rufty Research Professor of Law at Duke University School of Law
- Patsy Ann "Pat" Danner (b. 1934), American politician, Member of the U.S. House of Representatives from Missouri (1993-2001)
- Margaret Danner (1915-1984), American poet, editor and cultural activist
- Mark David Danner (b. 1958), American writer, journalist, and educator, frequent contributor to The New York Review of Books and a MacArthur Fellow (1999)
- Blythe Katherine Danner (b. 1943), American actress, mother of actress Gwyneth Paltrow and director Jake Paltrow, known for her leading roles in Meet the Parents, and its sequels, Meet the Fockers and Little Fockers
- Dietmar Danner (b. 1950), retired German footballer
- Christian Danner (b. 1958), German former race car driver, active 1985 through 1989
- Bahlow, Hans and Edda Gentry. Translation Dictionary of German Names 2nd Edition. Madison: University of Wisconsin, 2002. Print.
- Strassburger, Ralph B. German Pioneers The Original Lists of Arrivals in the Port of Philadelphia 3 Volumes. Baltimore: Picton Press, 1992. Print. (ISBN 978-0929539980).
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Gottschald, Max. Deutsche Namenkunde unsere Familiennamen nach ihrer Entstehung und Bedeutung. München: J.F. Lehmanns Verlag, 1932. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Fogleman, Aaron Spencer. Hopeful Journeys German Immigration, Settlement, and Political Culture in Colonial America 1717-1775. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1986. Print. (ISBN 978-0812215489).
- Bahlow, Hans. Deutschlands geographische Namenwelt Etymologisches Lexikon der Fluss- und Ortsnamen alteuropaischer Herkunft. Frankfurt: Suhrkamp, 1985. Print.
- Haverkamp, Alfred. Medieval Germany 1056-1273 2nd edition. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print.
The Danner Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Danner Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 22 April 2014 at 12:31.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!