Noble surnames, such as Da rosa, evoke images of the ancient homeland of the Spanish people. The original bearer of the name Da rosa, which is a local
surname, once lived, held land, or was born in the beautiful region of Spain
. In Spain
, hereditary surnames
were adopted according to fairly general rules and during the late Middle Ages, names that were derived from localities became increasingly widespread. Local
names originally denoted the proprietorship of the village or estate. The Da rosa family originally lived in a place where wild roses grew. The surname is derived from the Latin word rosa, which means rose. The family name Da rosa is also derived from the given name Rose.
Early Origins of the Da rosa family
The surname Da rosa was first found in Old Castile
, in the mountains near Santander.
Early History of the Da rosa family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Da rosa research.Another 78 words (6 lines of text) covering the year 1352 is included under the topic Early Da rosa History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Da rosa Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Ros, de Ros, Rosas, de Rosas, Rosa, de la Rosa, Rosal, del Rosal, Rosales, de Rosales, Rosete, Rosano, Rosana, Roso and many more.
Early Notables of the Da rosa family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family were seventeenth century Chilean historian Diego de Rosales, a Jesuit priest who defended the rights of the Indians; seventeenth century Spanish playwright Pedro Rosete; nineteenth century Argentinian military officer Leonardo Rosales; nineteenth century Spanish painter Eduardo... Another 42 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Da rosa Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Da rosa family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Da rosa Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Emilia da Rosa, aged 15, who landed in America, in 1892
- Franco. da Rosa, aged 19, who settled in America, in 1892
- Jose Silvein da Rosa, aged 30, who immigrated to the United States from Azores, in 1892
- Jorge da Rosa, aged 48, who immigrated to the United States from Fayal, in 1893
- Anna J. Da Rosa, aged 28, who immigrated to America, in 1894
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Da rosa Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Costodio Da Rosa, aged 25, who immigrated to the United States, in 1911
- Jose Luiz da Rosa, aged 33, who settled in America, in 1920
Contemporary Notables of the name Da rosa (post 1700)
- Aldo Vieira da Rosa (1917-2015), Brazilian-born, American Professor Emeritus of Electrical Engineering at Stanford University
- Émerson Ferreira da Rosa (b. 1976), retired Brazilian footballer
- Álex Rodrigo da Rosa Comelles (b. 1976), Bolivian football midfielder
Da rosa Family Crest Products