The original Gaelic versions of today's Irish names demonstrate a proud, ancient past. The original Gaelic form of the name Bryckse is O Bruic, from the word broc, which means badger.
Early Origins of the Bryckse family
The surname Bryckse was first found in Munster
, where they held a family seat
from very ancient times.
Early History of the Bryckse family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Bryckse research.Another 313 words (22 lines of text) covering the years 184 and 1845 are included under the topic Early Bryckse History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Bryckse Spelling Variations
Those scribes in Ireland
during the Middle Ages recorded names as they sounded. Consequently, in this era many people were recorded under different spellings each time their name was written down. Research on the Bryckse family name revealed numerous spelling variations
, including Brick, O'Brick, Bricke, Bricks, O'Bric, O'Bruik, Bruic and many more.
Early Notables of the Bryckse family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Bryckse Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Bryckse family to the New World and Oceana
Thousands of Irish families
left for North American shores in the 19th century. These people were searching for a life unencumbered with poverty, hunger, and racial discrimination. Many arrived to eventually find such conditions, but many others simply did not arrive: victims of the diseased, overcrowded ships in which they traveled to the New World. Those who lived to see North American shores were instrumental in the development of the growing nations of Canada and the United States. A thorough examination of passenger and immigration lists has disclosed evidence of many early immigrants of the name Bryckse: Francis Brick who settled in Virginia in 1638; followed by Richard in Maryland in 1716; Edward Bricke settled in Virginia in 1623; they also settled in Pennsylvania and New York between 1773 and 1822..