name Brutuelle comes from when the family resided in the settlement of Britwell
in the county of Buckinghamshire
, or in the settlement of Britwell Prior, in the parish of Salome in Oxfordshire
. Miles Crispin was recorded as the proprietor of the latter lands, which were then called Brutuelle, in the Domesday Book
Early Origins of the Brutuelle family
The surname Brutuelle was first found in Oxfordshire
, where they held a family seat
from ancient times.
Early History of the Brutuelle family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Brutuelle research.Another 471 words (34 lines of text) covering the years 1086, 1273, 1500 and 1626 are included under the topic Early Brutuelle History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Brutuelle Spelling Variations
The English language only became standardized in the last few centuries; therefore, spelling variations
are common among early Anglo-Saxon
names. As the form of the English language changed, even the spelling of literate people's names evolved. Brutuelle has been recorded under many different variations, including Brittle, Brittell, Britwell, Brutuelle, Brittewell, Brithwell and many more.
Early Notables of the Brutuelle family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Brutuelle Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Brutuelle family to the New World and Oceana
For many English families, the political and religious disarray that shrouded England
made the far away New World an attractive prospect. On cramped disease-ridden ships, thousands migrated to those British colonies that would eventually become Canada and the United States. Those hardy settlers that survived the journey often went on to make important contributions to the emerging nations in which they landed. Analysis of immigration records indicates that some of the first North American immigrants bore the name Brutuelle or a variant listed above: Joseph Brittle who arrived in Maryland in 1774.