. Townships with the home Bradwell were found in Chester and Derby.
from ancient times.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Broadwell research.Another 161 words (12 lines of text) covering the years 1273, 1295, 1379, 1593, and 1622 are included under the topic Early Broadwell History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
It is only in the last few hundred
years that the English language has been standardized. For that reason, early Anglo-Saxon
surnames like Broadwell are characterized by many spelling variations
. As the English language changed and incorporated elements of other European languages, even literate people changed the spelling of their names. The variations of the name Broadwell include: Bradwell, Bradewelle, Bradewell, Braddell and many more.
Many English families tired of political and religious strife left Britain for the new colonies in North America. Although the trip itself offered no relief - conditions on the ships were extremely cramped, and many travelers arrived diseased, starving, and destitute - these immigrants believed the opportunities that awaited them were worth the risks. Once in the colonies, many of the families did indeed prosper and, in turn, made significant contributions to the culture and economies of the growing colonies. An inquiry into the early roots of North American families has revealed a number of immigrants bearing the name Broadwell or a variant listed above:
Broadwell Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- John Broadwell, who arrived in Maryland in 1668 CITATION[CLOSE]
Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
Broadwell Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Mrs. Samuel Broadwell, aged 46, who immigrated to America from London, in 1892
- Sameul Broadwell, aged 50, who immigrated to the United States from London, in 1892
- Mrs. J. Broadwell, aged 27, who landed in America, in 1894
Broadwell Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Douglas Broadwell, aged 30, who settled in America, in 1903
- Edward H Broadwell, who immigrated to the United States, in 1906
- Imogene Broadwell, who settled in America, in 1906
- Louis O. Broadwell, aged 45, who immigrated to the United States, in 1909
- Richard Broadwell, aged 37, who landed in America from Horley, England, in 1909
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)