on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Origins Available: German-Alt, German, Italian, Jewish
Where did the Jewish Brandis family come from? What is the Jewish Brandis family crest and coat of arms? When did the Brandis family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Brandis family history?
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Brandis Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Carl Brandis, who arrived in Texas in 1845
- Herm Brandis, who landed in Texas in 1845
- Carl Brandis, who settled in Texas in 1846
- Theodore Brandis, who arrived in Texas in 1854
- L. Brandis arrived in San Francisco in 1875
Brandis Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- George Brandis arrived in Adelaide, Australia aboard the ship "Eden" in 1838
- Ann Brandis arrived in Adelaide, Australia aboard the ship "Eden" in 1838
- James Brandis arrived in Adelaide, Australia aboard the ship "Eden" in 1838
- Harriett Brandis arrived in Adelaide, Australia aboard the ship "Eden" in 1838
- Richard W. Brandis, American politician, Mayor of Bend, Oregon, 1953-54
- Jonathan Gregory Brandis, American film and television actor
- George Brandis (b. 1957), Australian, Senator for Queensland, Minister for Arts and Sport
- Marianne Brandis (b. 1938), Canadian ( Netherlands born) Children's author and illustrator
- Mark Brandis (1931-2000), German science fiction writer and journalist
- Sir Dietrich Brandis (1824-1907), German forester considered the father of tropical forestry
- Christian August Brandis, German philologist and historian of philosophy
- Crispin, M. Jackson and Leonce Mary. Falaise Roll Recording Prominent Companions of William Duke of Normandy at the Conquest of England. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Papworth, J.W and A.W Morant. Ordinary of British Armorials. London: T.Richards, 1874. Print.
- Le Patourel, John. The Norman Empire. New York: Oxford University Press, 1976. Print. (ISBN 0-19-822525-3).
- Williams, Dr Ann. And G.H. Martin, Eds. Domesday Book A Complete Translation. London: Penguin, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0-141-00523-8).
- Shirley, Evelyn Philip. Noble and Gentle Men of England Or Notes Touching The Arms and Descendants of the Ancient Knightley and Gentle Houses of England Arranged in their Respective Counties 3rd Edition. Westminster: John Bowyer Nichols and Sons, 1866. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Peerage and Baronetage, The Privy Council, Knightage and Compainonage. London: Burke Publishing, 1921. Print.
- Burke, John Bernard Ed. The Roll of Battle Abbey. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Bede, The Venerable. Historia Ecclesiatica Gentis Anglorum (The Ecclesiastical History Of the English People). Available through Internet Medieval Sourcebook the Fordham University Centre for Medieval Studies. Print.
- Dunkling, Leslie. Dictionary of Surnames. Toronto: Collins, 1998. Print. (ISBN 0004720598).
- Mills, A.D. Dictionary of English Place-Names. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-19-869156-4).
The Brandis Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Brandis Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 16 March 2010 at 06:56.
on orders of $85 or more