on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Bjorklund Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Alex Bjorklund, aged 30, who settled in America from Finland, in 1900
- Allein Bjorklund, aged 16, who landed in America from Olofstram, Sweden, in 1907
- Anders Bjorklund, aged 47, who landed in America from Caldemedshyth Sweden, in 1908
- Alrils Bjorklund, aged 24, who emigrated to America from Stockholm, Sweden, in 1912
- Anders Alfred Bjorklund, aged 19, who emigrated to the United States from Jeppo, Finland, in 1913
- Blake Bjorklund (b. 1985), born on September 8, 1985 is an American stock car racer
- Garry Brian Bjorklund (1951-1976), American middle and long-distance runner at the 1976 Summer Olympics
- Henrik Björklund (b. 1990), Swedish ice hockey forward
- Leni Christina Elisabeth Björklund (b. 1944), Swedish Social Democratic politician
- Jan Arne Björklund (b. 1962), Swedish politician
- Karl-Gunnar "Kalle" Björklund (b. 1953), Swedish former football player
- Joachim Björklund (b. 1971), former Swedish professional footballer
- Rolf Björklund (1937-1960), Finnish sprint canoer at the 1960 Summer Olympics
- First Lieutenant Arnold L Bjorklund, American soldier awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor in 1943
Bjorklund Historic Events
- Mr. Ernst Herbert Björklund (d. 1912), aged 18, Swedish Third Class passenger from Stockholm who sailed aboard the RMS Titanic and died in the sinking
- Bede, The Venerable. Historia Ecclesiatica Gentis Anglorum (The Ecclesiastical History Of the English People). Available through Internet Medieval Sourcebook the Fordham University Centre for Medieval Studies. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Peerage and Baronetage, The Privy Council, Knightage and Compainonage. London: Burke Publishing, 1921. Print.
- Mills, A.D. Dictionary of English Place-Names. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-19-869156-4).
- Bullock, L.G. Historical Map of England and Wales. Edinburgh: Bartholomew and Son, 1971. Print.
- Hinde, Thomas Ed. The Domesday Book England's Heritage Then and Now. Surrey: Colour Library Books, 1995. Print. (ISBN 1-85833-440-3).
- Cook, Chris. English Historical Facts 1603-1688. London: MacMillan, 1980. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. General Armory Of England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. Print.
- Dunkling, Leslie. Dictionary of Surnames. Toronto: Collins, 1998. Print. (ISBN 0004720598).
- Magnusson, Magnus. Chambers Biographical Dictionary 5th edition. Edinburgh: W & R Chambers, 1990. Print.
- Hitching, F.K and S. Hitching. References to English Surnames in 1601-1602. Walton On Thames: 1910. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-0181-3).
The Bjorklund Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Bjorklund Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 25 July 2016 at 20:33.
on orders of $85 or more