on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Where did the Swedish Bjorklund family come from? What is the Swedish Bjorklund family crest and coat of arms? When did the Bjorklund family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Bjorklund family history?
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Bjorklund Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Alex Bjorklund, aged 30, who settled in America from Finland, in 1900
- Allein Bjorklund, aged 16, who landed in America from Olofstram, Sweden, in 1907
- Anders Bjorklund, aged 47, who landed in America from Caldemedshyth Sweden, in 1908
- Alrils Bjorklund, aged 24, who emigrated to America from Stockholm, Sweden, in 1912
- Anders Alfred Bjorklund, aged 19, who emigrated to the United States from Jeppo, Finland, in 1913
- Blake Bjorklund (b. 1985), born on September 8, 1985 is an American stock car racer
- Garry Brian Bjorklund (1951-1976), American middle and long-distance runner at the 1976 Summer Olympics
- Mr. Ernst Herbert Björklund (d. 1912), aged 18, Swedish Third Class passenger from Stockholm who sailed aboard the RMS Titanic and died in the sinking
- Henrik Björklund (b. 1990), Swedish ice hockey forward
- Leni Christina Elisabeth Björklund (b. 1944), Swedish Social Democratic politician
- Jan Arne Björklund (b. 1962), Swedish politician
- Karl-Gunnar "Kalle" Björklund (b. 1953), Swedish former football player
- Joachim Björklund (b. 1971), former Swedish professional footballer
- Rolf Björklund (1937-1960), Finnish sprint canoer at the 1960 Summer Olympics
- First Lieutenant Arnold L Bjorklund, American soldier awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor in 1943
- Cook, Chris. English Historical Facts 1603-1688. London: MacMillan, 1980. Print.
- Hitching, F.K and S. Hitching. References to English Surnames in 1601-1602. Walton On Thames: 1910. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-0181-3).
- Magnusson, Magnus. Chambers Biographical Dictionary 5th edition. Edinburgh: W & R Chambers, 1990. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Peerage and Baronetage, The Privy Council, Knightage and Compainonage. London: Burke Publishing, 1921. Print.
- Le Patourel, John. The Norman Empire. New York: Oxford University Press, 1976. Print. (ISBN 0-19-822525-3).
- Burke, Sir Bernard. General Armory Of England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. Print.
- Hanks, Hodges, Mills and Room. The Oxford Names Companion. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2002. Print. (ISBN 0-19-860561-7).
- Sanders, Joanne McRee Edition. English Settlers in Barbados 1637-1800. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Reaney P.H and R.M. Wilson. A Dictionary of English Surnames. London: Routledge, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-415-05737-X).
The Bjorklund Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Bjorklund Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 30 March 2015 at 16:54.
on orders of $85 or more