Beckler History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The Beckler surname is derived from the Middle High German words "bach," meaning a "stream," and the suffix "ler," indicating an inhabitant of. As such, it was a topographic name for someone who lived by a stream.
Early Origins of the Beckler family
The surname Beckler was first found in southern Germany, where the family was closely identified in early mediaeval times with the feudal society of early Europe. The earliest individual to be mentioned in chronicles is one Cunrat Baecheler of Konstanz in the year 1259.
Early History of the Beckler family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Beckler research. Another 73 words (5 lines of text) covering the year 1589 is included under the topic Early Beckler History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Beckler Spelling Variations
One can encounter great variation in the spelling of surnames: in early times, spelling in general, and thus the spelling of names was not yet standardized; and later, spellings would change with branching and movement of families. Variations of the name Beckler include Bechler, Bechlere, Bechlen, Bechel, Bechller, Bechllere, Bechllen, Becler, Beclere, Beckl, Becklere, Beckler, Becklen, Beckle, Beckller, Bechl, Bechle, Becheler, Bechel, Baechler, Baechl, Baecheler, Bechlel and many more.
Early Notables of the Beckler family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Beckler Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Beckler migration to the United States +
German settlers were among the most common to come to North America between the mid-17th and mid-20th centuries. Poverty and religious persecution drove many Bavarians to make this long trek. tenant farmers were also enticed by the prospect of owning land. From east to west, these German immigrants populated the United States, settling in Pennsylvania, Texas, New York, Illinois, and California. Ontario and the prairie provinces of Canada also provided homes to many. Early settlers bearing the Beckler surname or a spelling variation of the name include:
Beckler Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Gottleib Beckler, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1749 
- Peter Beckler, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1765 
Beckler Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Adam Beckler, who landed in Mobile, Ala in 1845 
- Adam Beckler who was registered as having arrived in Mobile, Alabama in 1845
Beckler Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Anton Beckler who arrived in Wisconsin in 1917
- Anton Beckler, who landed in Wisconsin in 1917 
Contemporary Notables of the name Beckler (post 1700) +
- David Z Beckler (b. 1918), American government official and chemical engineer
- Mel Beckler, American Republican politician, Delegate to Republican National Convention from North Dakota, 2008 
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, January 14) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html