on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Origins Available: French, German, Jewish
Where did the Jewish Baum family come from? What is the Jewish Baum family crest and coat of arms? When did the Baum family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Baum family history?
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Baum Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Sarah Baum, age 70, settled in America in 1709
- Abram Baum, who landed in New York in 1709
- Johan Baum, who landed in New York in 1709
- Magdalina Baum, age 29, came to New York City in 1710
- Mathias Baum, who landed in New York, NY in 1710
Baum Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Sebastian Baum, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1839
- George Baum, aged 21, arrived in Missouri in 1840
- Frederick Baum, who landed in Mississippi in 1842
- John Baum, who landed in Washington County, Pennsylvania in 1844
- Rudolph Baum, aged 9, landed in New York, NY in 1847
Baum Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Abraham Baum, who arrived in North America in 1901
- Frank Charles Baum, who landed in Wisconsin in 1920
- Lyman Frank Baum (1856-1919), American writer and director, best known for penning the Wizard of Oz
- Bernie Baum (1929-1993), American songwriter who worked extensively with Elvis Presley
- Edgar Schofield Baum (1916-2006), American artist
- Frank Joslyn Baum (1883-1958), American lawyer, soldier, writer, and film producer
- Roger Stanton Baum (b. 1938), American children's author
- Walter Emerson Baum (1884-1956), American artist and educator
- Wilhelm Baum (b. 1948), Austrian historian, theologian, philosopher and publisher
- Kurt Baum (1900-1989), Czech tenor opera singer
- Frank Baum (b. 1956), retired German footballer
- Oskar Baum (1883-1941), Czech music educator and writer
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Peerage and Baronetage, The Privy Council, Knightage and Compainonage. London: Burke Publishing, 1921. Print.
- Lennard, Reginald. Rural England 1086-1135 A Study of Social and Agrarian Conditions. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1959. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Markale, J. Celtic Civilization. London: Gordon & Cremonesi, 1976. Print.
- Leeson, Francis L. Dictionary of British Peerages. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1986. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-1121-5).
- Ingram, Rev. James. Translator Anglo-Saxon Chronicle 1823. Print.
- Crispin, M. Jackson and Leonce Mary. Falaise Roll Recording Prominent Companions of William Duke of Normandy at the Conquest of England. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Holt, J.C. Ed. Domesday Studies. Woodbridge: Boydell, 1987. Print. (ISBN 0-85115-477-8).
- Burke, John Bernard Ed. The Roll of Battle Abbey. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
The Baum Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Baum Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 30 January 2013 at 13:33.
on orders of $85 or more