on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Origins Available: French, German, Jewish
Where did the Jewish Baum family come from? What is the Jewish Baum family crest and coat of arms? When did the Baum family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Baum family history?
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Baum Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Sarah Baum, age 70, settled in America in 1709
- Abram Baum, who landed in New York in 1709
- Johan Baum, who landed in New York in 1709
- Magdalina Baum, age 29, came to New York City in 1710
- Mathias Baum, who landed in New York, NY in 1710
Baum Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Sebastian Baum, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1839
- George Baum, aged 21, arrived in Missouri in 1840
- Frederick Baum, who landed in Mississippi in 1842
- John Baum, who landed in Washington County, Pennsylvania in 1844
- Rudolph Baum, aged 9, landed in New York, NY in 1847
Baum Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Abraham Baum, who arrived in North America in 1901
- Frank Charles Baum, who landed in Wisconsin in 1920
- Walter Emerson Baum (1884-1956), American artist and educator
- Roger Stanton Baum (b. 1938), American children's author
- Frank Joslyn Baum (1883-1958), American lawyer, soldier, writer, and film producer
- Edgar Schofield Baum (1916-2006), American artist
- Bernie Baum (1929-1993), American songwriter who worked extensively with Elvis Presley
- Lyman Frank Baum (1856-1919), American writer and director, best known for penning the Wizard of Oz
- Hedwig "Vicki" Baum (1888-1960), Austrian writer considered one of the first modern best-selling authors
- Oskar Baum (1883-1941), Czech music educator and writer
- Frank Baum (b. 1956), retired German footballer
- Kurt Baum (1900-1989), Czech tenor opera singer
- Sanders, Joanne McRee Edition. English Settlers in Barbados 1637-1800. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Lennard, Reginald. Rural England 1086-1135 A Study of Social and Agrarian Conditions. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1959. Print.
- Hanks, Hodges, Mills and Room. The Oxford Names Companion. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2002. Print. (ISBN 0-19-860561-7).
- Ingram, Rev. James. Translator Anglo-Saxon Chronicle 1823. Print.
- Bede, The Venerable. Historia Ecclesiatica Gentis Anglorum (The Ecclesiastical History Of the English People). Available through Internet Medieval Sourcebook the Fordham University Centre for Medieval Studies. Print.
- Hitching, F.K and S. Hitching. References to English Surnames in 1601-1602. Walton On Thames: 1910. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-0181-3).
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Peerage and Baronetage, The Privy Council, Knightage and Compainonage. London: Burke Publishing, 1921. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Burke's Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Landed Gentry: Including American Families with British Ancestry. (2 Volumes). London: Burke Publishing, 1939. Print.
- Foster, Joseph. Dictionary of Heraldry Feudal Coats of Arms and Pedigrees. London: Bracken Books, 1989. Print. (ISBN 1-85170-309-8).
- Thirsk, Joan. The Agrarian History of England and Wales. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press: 7 Volumes. Print.
The Baum Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Baum Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 30 January 2013 at 13:33.
on orders of $85 or more